we need more players online

acid517

Dune 2000 online is starting to die we need new people to join before its to late. There is no better place to go than there everyone is nice to anyone and everyone who is new and we train everyone you think that your not good enough well will train even the worst. I love to play online its exciting and its fun. I hope to see some of you there. :) your fellow duner Acid 517

Dune 2000 online is starting to die

??? ??? Dune 2000 died a long time ago...

I don't play it online because it always crashed whenever I tried, and went at maximum speed the few times I did manage to get it to work. Impossible for me to control my units, thusly, I get owned. :P

My friend and I are trying like mad to play Dune 2000 online. We both just bought the game, and do not have westwood accounts. we tried connecting to the westwood servers to register, but they arent working. when I called their technical support, they told me I was 'out of luck' if i wanted to play Dune 2000 online. I have seen a post here involving Rotorz Connector, and I downloaded it, but I am quite clueless as to how to use this. If anyoen could help me out onhow to get this game going, my friend and I would love to become memebrs of the playing community! and i would GREATLY appreciate any help i can get. thanks so much for your time!

Guest LtTitan

Ayldarius. I have sort of a round 'a bout way to help you, though I am not sure it would work. All Westwood accounts are the same for each game, so if you have an existing account on another Westwood game, use that one for Dune 2000. You could also try registering on the Westwood site directly, perhaps that would work. I have had the same name for all the Westwood games, LtTitan for RA2, Dune 2000, Emperor, etc. So if you have a name already, use that one or register a newer game, (i.e. RA2) and use it.

Hope this helps! Good luck. Damn Westwood sucks now :'(

• 3 weeks later...

When are people usually online to play?

I've figured out my troubles I think (Re: Firewall). It was the hardware(NAT) firewall!

I'm in Austria, so, I'm 6 hours ahead of the US EST. Usually when I enter to play, there's 1 or 2 people there only.

Guess what, after 2 years or so I tried to play Dune2000 online again from my home. Whent online and pretended to be a newbie. . there where 4 persones. Yep, just been to Yuri's revenge online that had a lot of people logged in, and we had 4 with Dune2000. One was verry helpfull, kind'a nice even. The other [ onyl one hosting a game ] even kicked me out. Great community you guy's have. Not enought players to fill even one game, and still you kick people out. ;)

Anyway, back to YR for tonight ...

Gryphon, ;)

You know what you have me to count on in Dune Games. You need anything ask me ill even help you out in the game.Of course i have been playing Dune games ever since they came out and I am a TRUE master of games including

Dune Games. My opinion of C&C is that it sucks if i were to give it a rating out of 10 it will be 1/10 or 1 out of 10 IT SUCKS. Though I do not complain since it was made by Westwood the true proffesonals at game making.

8)

The other [ onyl one hosting a game ] even kicked me out. Great community you guy's have. Not enought players to fill even one game, and still you kick people out.

Yes, the community there is quite hostile to apparent 'new' people. When I first went to the Dune 2000 lobby and tried to get some games, I remember I got kicked several times without a word.

if your a noobie , dont join 4 player games because you will get kicked , (why ?) because dune on-line is very competative , if you play a 4 player and your partner is a noobie ,you will lose the game , and im sorry to say dune on-line (4 player)is all about winning. if your a noobie play 2 player games , and when the pro`s see you are getting better they will let you play with them in 4 player games , every one as to take this path , there are no short cuts , this is not the only reason of course , the other is that noobies allways crash a 4 player game , (why ? ) because they fail to get all the correct patches , they insist on playing on 16 bit , they always wine for ai and crates and always want to play on tenya map , no matter how good you think you are @ playing dune , believe me , your not , compaired to on-liners you will sux. i know this sounds harsh , im just telling it like it is ,

ohh and king-mega ...when you get on line look me up ....theres a butt whoopin waiting for you ...so let me know when you want it ...

shygirl4

http://mysite.freeserve.com/shy

Shy Girl,

That is not very educated talk where where you born in a dumpster. Talk proper english : butt whoopin is street talk not proper english.

I looked and youre web page and it is half/half - translated- you think you are the greatest and that you make fun of newbies. I can arrange a battle maybe in June or July when i get my new computer( buying the latest Pentium 4 even though mine is pentium 4 but i want it to be the latest). Also i can afford this because I am very RICH.

8)

lol @ King-Mega

hmmm your a strange one King-Mega , because i say the words "butt whoopin" you think im not educated , and should learn to speak english ? ... lol ... i think you`ll find that words like "butt whoopin" have been excepted in to the english language and are now in use everyday , and talking about me speaking english , have you read your own posts ? you dont speak english you talk jiberish , and you brag about being rich , hmmm you may be rich King-Mega but you have no class , believe me King-Mega i could run rings around you , and i dont make fun of newbies ... have you read my posts ? ..doh... virtualy all my posts are made to help new players get on-line , when i read your posts i see you have done nothing to help the new players , your only contribution to this forum seems to be to stalk me ..lol

but i like a laugh , and it is good to bring some friendly banter to these forums.

p.s. when your ready for your butt whoopin let me know , you want it this week or are you scared ?

http://mysite.freeserve.com/shy

if you guy's wan'na date, just IM eatchother. . .or log on at Westwood online for a game of but whoopin Dune2000 [ I don't care who win's as long as you have fun ... ]. Although if you're gon'na continue this pre-flaming could you consider of doing it anyway else and try to stay on topic with this one ?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Shygirl,

where can I get the patch 9.1 for Rotorzconn.

By the way I can only confirm that Shygirl was really cool when I tried to play her online.

Even though I was a Newbie.

Shame though that my Dune2k installation was corrupt, so it went out of sync on us.

But as it's been on my pc for years, i'll reinstall it and patch it, etc.

I will also play it at 8Bit.

It's not really surprising that my install. corrupt is after all the crashes i've had trying to connect to Emperor servers.

So I hope to see you on Dune2k soon, Shygirl.

I wouldn't mind my ....being whoopin by you I don't think.lol Sounds like fun !