Obvious Counters

Exo Etherial

Okay, I'm sick of some of the more wasteful and time consuming ways I've seen to take care of Devastators, and Sonic tanks.

When someone mentions a Devastator you can bet that somebody will put down, "BUT FEYDS WILL KILL DEVASTATORS!" Or something along those lines. And it doesn't matter what the subject is, mention Devs and somebody will tell you how much Feyds are superior to them...

Well guess what? AA Troopers are a cheaper, faster to use (in terms of how fast you can field a group sufficient to kill a Devastator), more direct, and (in my opinion) a better counter to Devastators!

If a group of Feyds is close enough to attack and the Dev decides to blow itself up, they all die. Possibly leaving you with no Feyds to take care of the REST of the Devs killing your Harvesters. AA Troopers are comfortably outside of the range of the Dev's Self-D radius. Also like the Feyd, they are strong against Dev weapons. In the time it takes to pump out a single Feyd you could have fielded about 5 AA Troopers. The same pluses also go to Hark Troopers, and Kinjal.

Sonic tanks are, by all respects, nothing more than a fixed mega-gun mounted on a medium armored, moderately speeded chassis. It is these aspects that make them so dangerous; while some of those same aspects make them vulnerable. Missile Tanks chew them to bits, properly controlled (not AI driven, so think before you contradict) skirmish groups (4-7) of Laser Tanks blast them to hell, and even an attack group (15-20) of Kinjal (again, not AI driven) can dominate them. While groups of Minos, Devs, or even Elite Sards would be ideal, they are ultimately wasteful in expense and time consuming in their production of sufficient numbers.

I could put down something on Deviators, but uhm... Duh, just send some of the better anti-vehicle infantry after them... ;D

I completely, fully agree and support you exo, well, except with your examples, people should not look at how do i kill (insert units) but, how do i kill a unit efficiently without losing alot of units (if you're going to lose any at all) with the best price tag, which takes the least time.

I remembered a few months ago of a match of me and another guy VS this elite with his ally dead.He had a full strength squad+base with his ally killed by my ally and my ally being left without facs and MCV by that elite.ANd it was up to me to save the day.So I brought 30 lastanks there[i zoomed the game camera all the way out to get full view] and suddenly 8 devos popped up and blasted the shit outta my squad.WHen I retreated the remaining 16 or so,they hit and ran the devos who couldnt do a thing though they were stationery as they were out of range!So an idea hit me,I got my ally an ordos starport,gave him 2-3 refs and then got him to produce lastanks and do the same to the devos,and it really worked on him.I kept going forward and back but made sure I didnt go too forward...and i finished all of them off losing only 2-3 lastanks

lowzeewee. you can't hit 'n run on a devastator with 16 lasertanks, it's possible with 1, perhaps 2 but not 16, they would be slowed down by eachother and the lasertank has a bit more range then the devastator, but not much.

It must have been out on open sand, yes? Open sand is perfect terrain. It makes for the group to move as one and glide across the sand in hoards with negligible loss in maneuverability.

A single volley of Devastator missles takes down a laser tank. Like a Goose missile, they can track down and kill laser tanks with a 90% success rate. Your elite opponent must have been either distracted or frustrated by the end of the match (having two sides sending laser tanks after you can do that). It sounds like he was telling his Devs to target a single tank at a time. Good use of pseudo-psyche warfare.

I think... ;)

the reason why i think people use feyds is because they dont have to waste in destroying the dev with weak missles while its in your base, besides the player controling the dev wont detonate if he has a plan in mind and they usualy think that if they survive alittle longer they could destroy whatever it is they want to destroy. most good players wouldnt land one dev in your base, because he would know thats not enough to get the job done, he might land one on a spice field, just dont let it land, elites are the best against a dev i would say

I think some good players drop a devastetor to crush the building, or at least to shot his plasma and missiles, and then pick up it again and run away!

An idiot would know how to kill the adv carryall and deva when the carryall picks the deva up again :D.

I think some good players drop a devastetor to crush the building, or at least to shot his plasma and missiles, and then pick up it again and run away!

An idiot would know how to kill the adv carryall and deva when the carryall picks the deva up again :D.

yeah, but i never saw a good player drop his devastator near to a dangeruos place?

And how are you going to get that airdrone there?

He could've seen your drone (which i believe he has since it's only 2 seconds away) so when you come close he can shoot your airdrone first and then get the hell outta there.