2/10 D. Topic-Are you looking forward to FH's Dune

davo

Short answer - yes.

Not as much as Civ 3  ;D, but looking forward to it.

Mainly 'cause hopefully the game will be much closer to the original book than Dune II/2000/Emperor ... not that we don't like Westwood's incarnations  ;D ... but then after HA and HH, Dune II/2000/Emperor are now relatively not that far off  :D

;D Kinda yes and no Davo. I'm looking forward to the Dune Generations more if I could finally get some updated information about the on-line game. I read what Gob had to say about it and it kinda turned me off. I may change my mind again after I see some more info about it (Frank Herbert's Dune).

I don't want to judge the game before it's finished but the demo wasn't all that great.

First off it looks to be designed as a console game first, PC game second, which is never a good thing. Usually this means a lack of a save option and generally bad camera angles as well. Now these could all be fixed in the final version, the game still has a while before it's released, from the demo it looked like the game still needed a lot of work though.

Also, the levels they provided just weren't all that interesting to play. Basically you were Paul walking around and killing Harkonnen gaurds that were carrying lasguns I assume. If the controls/camera angles improve then things should be better, as it was now once the guards saw you there was pretty much no chance you would survive since it was impossible to see which direction you were runing. If they add a first person mode this would improve things, especially for the indoor levels. As far as I know you can't pick up the weapons the guards drop so you are stuck with a knife for the whole time which sucks when you are outnumbered and have to run across the room in order to kill the guy shooting at you.

I am looking forward to the game though, mainly because the first Cyro game was very well done and it is still possible to fix up the problems if they have the time. Although as Fedaykin-Sandwalker said I am looking forward to Generations more then this game. :)

Why are all the other pictures drawn* and 21 is the only one actual video game screen shot? Don't get me wrong I like what I see.

*these drawing are very different interpetations almost like the original cover art work for the novels only updated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...