Dune II - The Maker news

stefanhendriks

Well, since we already have a "Redux" and a "Dune legacy" news topic, i felt i just have to make my own topic aswell.

Informing you i finally got a font library which is able to load the arakeen.fon file. I hope thats okay btw ;)

Anyhow, the library also allows you as a user (modder) to load in your own font file. The only thing i am still working on is you should specify the font size.

The font issue does not have my full priority, however, because i just could not get it to work i had to hunt on the internet for a good library (and found one).

Back on topic, the ini loader is progressing but not finished. Units loading works more and more, carryall behaviour needed a lot of changes but is primitively working now. Thats a good sign. So now you can just make a unit a carryall (specify its airborn and its able to carry, nothing to it huh?).

The editor of Cyborg does work, but there a few flaws:

- the cursor jumps when pressing enter

- the inserting sections works, but not 100% . The sub class name simply does not get into the editor

- "insert" does not 'insert' but only adds. It does not really insert the text.

The game still needs a good terrain loading via ini files and so forth. There are tons of stuff to work on, but for a viewing pleasure i made a little screeny. Although you probably won't really see the difference.[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

thx, so that means the demo (already available) also looks good! :D

important fix made: The game will NOT give you nasty slow downs anymore (and hopefully no crashes). I fixed some 'timer' issues which really screwed up a lot. Now i can play with 50+ fps on my laptop which is PRETTY GOOD! :D

Heya Stefan! I don't know if you're aware, but the "www" link under your name, which leads to "arrakis.dune2k.com", is displaying that old arrakis2k site again. It used to display your Dune II - The Maker site.

On another note, the Dune II - The maker site looks pretty neat, but the HTML code seems to be quite messed up. I'm using Mozilla 1.3 and none of the links on your site are clickable. The mouse cursor doesn't even change if it hovers over them. After a quick look at your HTML source i still don't know what's wrong there, but I found an </iframe> tag that doesn't even have an opening tag. I tried correcting that on a local copy of your site, but it's not the source of the link problems.

the 'original' website is derived from the realbot website. Gob had send me a fix, but that screws the image layout and the website layout. Perhaps someone can fix it, but it works OK on IE , so i don't see a real reason yet to fix it (as lots of people use IE).

The editor of Cyborg does work, but there a few flaws:

- the cursor jumps when pressing enter

- the inserting sections works, but not 100% . The sub class name simply does not get into the editor

- "insert" does not 'insert' but only adds. It does not really insert the text.

* The cursor jumping problem is something I am working on, but it is hard to solve.

* It was not the intention to always add the class name, but I can add that with no problem

* How do you define the word insert?

my program insert the sub/class in the class/place you wanted it to be in.

I have fixed some issues with wrong textformatting when inserting subs or classes

I have also fixed the sub/class adding feature to include the respective classname in the header for you.

before next update, I will see if I can fix the "jumpy" behaviour.