Controls?

Klobbersaurus414

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of people have been getting stuck on that level, this is the demo or is the game out in stores now? BTW about the controls Echna Darr told me that players can not set-up their own contorls there is no customizing option.

O.k. nevermind the game is in stores now and I am guessing that the controls are still the same way, no?

I really don't see why everyone is complaining about the controls.  They are exactly the same as the ones in the Rainbow Six games which are extremely ppular, and after a day or two I didn't find them dificult to use at all.

I recently bought the game (being a dune fanatic of course) and the controls are kind of odd. But I realized FH's Dune was not made for the PC instead the PS2.

why I think this:

- to start a new game you have to cycle through the letters to choose your name

- You cant modify the controls

- the controls are extremely basic

all in all i love this game but feel personally that this version is merely testing the waters.

Seeing who is buying the game. so they could aim there ads at us.

This explains why the game itself was so cheap.

Conspiracy? No, capitalism at work  :O :O :O

plus the box says based on the mini series

its not really other then  a bit of scenary. And the freman seem a lot more high tech then in the book

Guest David Briscoe

You can change the controls if you manually edit the "dunepc" file in the gamedir. there u can rewrite the keys. eg setup the controls to the normal WASD config!

EG. bind            Keyboard            WIN_UP_ARROW                              VK_W                        DOWN

bind            Keyboard            WIN_DOWN_ARROW                              VK_S                        DOWN

bind            Keyboard            WIN_RIGHT_ARROW                        VK_D                        DOWN

bind            Keyboard            WIN_LEFT_ARROW                              VK_A      

sorry about the format! but if u look at the original file youll get the gist. Also remember to backup the file b4 editing.

Regards!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree, the controls are TERRIBLE! Actually, the controls are worse than those in any other game known to mankind.

BTW - Did you notice that "Carryall" is spelt differently in FH's Dune? It's spelt "CARRYOLE" or something weird like that. Is that how it's spelt in the book? Is the Carryall even in the book? Somebody give me some answers to these questions in my head! Why do they come to me to die? WHY DO THEY COME TO ME TO DIE?

• 2 weeks later...

As I thought, the carryall is in the book and it is spelt exactly as I've spelt it here. Those idiots at Wide Screen Games (sorry to be offensive) don't know the game as well as I do and I've just started reading the book!

BTW  THE BOOK'S GREAT! (But, of course, you probably all knew that already.)

• 3 weeks later...

You are absolutely right it's in the book (even in the first) and its spelled "Carryall". I don't know why they could have spelled it wrong in the game. But subtitle don't run sync with the game.

They could have perfected it for the PC and not just emulated it from the playstation what they have, according to me.

That is why, the control are so irritation (like the savegamename)