Stuck at beams

Fremen

Hi,

After getting the pass cards from the pilots, I proceed towards the tower and face the laser beams which I cannot get pass. I can manage the first beam with ease, but the next 2 beams which crosses each other ir very difficult. Is there a gap between the 1st beam and the 2d where I can stand or do I have to keep running until I stop before the low beam  ???

Please help me  :'(

i thin k ur talking aboot the ones where u have to put ur back aginst the wall and do the lil flip roll thing u learnt in the train mode (assumeing u did it) if not i dont know the key combination  (its been a while since i've played).  try it and see if it works thou ( if you know how to do the flip roll when youback is aginst the wall)

Yes that's the stage I'm talking about. I know the combination to flip n roll. I have to use arrow keys and enter for that.

But how am i supposed to get pass the two crossing beams? Do you think I can manage that by moving against the wall and rolling off onto the other side?

If I do that will I hit the low beam when I roll onto the other sode, provided it's not close to the crossing beams?

If you time well you can just walk between them. I did it by walking near the wall (not against it) then walk when the vertical beam was heading the other way.

Or you could just walk through it like a lunatic and hope you don't get caught  ;D.

I managed to walk (run) pass the 2 vertical beams and roll under the low horizontal beam. Now I'm facing 2 or fast moving vertical beams and having a hellava time getting past them. Even the 3rd horizontal beams seems to move faster than the previous one.

Can I run past the 2 verticals and stand between them and the horizontal one or do I have to run all the way past them. I tried the latter and triggered the alarm after touching the last horizontal beam. Character movement isn't that fast so how can I move past the last 2 beams? I tried the roll over but it doesn't seem to work at that point :(

Any guesses people?

• 6 months later...

dont wait till they are at the other side, wait till they are just leaving the side you are closest to, you do have to run past all three at once.

once you get in the map room, get the flight plans and learn where raban's secrets silos are, you can leave but once you get in the foyer and mean laser guided machine appears and tries to kill you. run around it in circular form and wait for it to turn towards you, while it is turning, when it is facing app. 90 degrees either way you can target the blue boxes on either side of it and after many shots it blows up.

after it blows up you are allowed to leave the room and go back the way you came, there are no more lasers though so, no worries there, I dont know where they go, but they arent there any more and that is all that matters.

any way, to end the mission from there all you have to do is go down the elevator and leave through the main entrance to the base, the same way you came in and killed the guy who asked for your helmet. if you cant remember which way it is go into the middle of the big open sand area with the helicoper landing area, and go in the direction facing opposite the red shield. walk out the door, a voice comes over the PA and sais to be careful, there were fremen located in the vicinity.