resource editor / file ripper - explorer nedded

orlok

Hello,

I hope one of you can help me.

Im desperatley trying to find a mod/level editiong tool for F H's DUNE by Cryo.

I know its not the best game, but I would like to "remake" it into something better.

I have managed to extract 500 or so textures from the game, but no models/ scripts etc.

They are all hidden in the .dun files, but I can find no way of decompiling or viewing their content.

Can anyone help?

rgds

OrLoK

• 3 weeks later...

How big are these .dun files? Do you suspect they are some kind of zip-like (or rfd/rfh) like files, with files inside? Are there any files with the same name, but with a different extension (like rfd = file data & rfh = file header)? Or is it just the .dun file (dun = file data & header).

Have a look at the .dun files with a hex editor, do you see any filenames? If there's a small .dun file, I'd be willing to have a look at it, perhaps I can decode the file format. I don't have the game (and don't plan on getting it since I don't have time to play it), so you'll have to send me a .dun file.

If the .dun file is a file with only the models/script in hex format, then I don't think I can help.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had the same idea to fix Frank Herberts Dune to how it should have been I would do it my self if only I had the skills. It would be wicked if someone did manage to do it. Have a look at my post and check out the email I sent to CRYO requesting an update or patch its also got a list of recomendations of how the game could have been even better lets hope they get it right if they make a sequal.

- Let me know if you do get any where with developing the game