TNMC Review

Mahdi

Wow, 8th review in two days. For those of you who haven't visited the site for a while, I suggest you click on the recent news link down at the bottom of the main page, 'cause stuff is getting pushed off of the news page fast than usual.

TNMC has up their CoD review, and again, it is good, but in the polar opposite way as some of the earlier reviews. While other reviews said that this miniseries was great for everyone but die-hard fans of Dune, this one says the exact opposite, claiming that it is great just for die hard fans of dune. While other reviews said there was to much exposition, this one says there isn't enough. It does agree with the general consensus that the special effects are amazing, and the worm-riding sequence (also commented on in other reviews) looks great, but lacks a certain something. This is also the first review to really comment on Alec Newmans portrayel of Paul Muad'dib, likly because this is just a review of the first part of the miniseries, which he stars in. Here's an excerpt:

Alec Newman is again the star and he seems to have relaxed into the role. His performance is more confident this time around, which is important because his character sees the future and to rule, he needs to have the courage to follow his visions. In the previous series, he struck me as a bit cool. This time around he's doing just fine. Susan Sarandon gives the series some nice weight and makes a credible villain. The rest of the cast is fine but the blitz of information makes commenting on them difficult at this point.

On a personal note, I found this to be the worst written of the reviews, and if you arn't planning on reading every review, I suggest you avoid it.