The Fate of poor Alia

IxianMace

Could someone tell me just how Alia turned 'abomination' and what exactly that means? In the books, I remember it being mentioned as 'fear defeated her', but how could someone just lose control of themselves and then turn into something else?

Another thing. Does Alia look good? She kinda sounds like it.  :P

The Alia`s problem was she hadn`t strong will enough to face hers problems. Her head was full of other humans voices and she couldn`t stand it so she allowed Baron take control. And he alomost took control.

Abomination means someone who get consciousness after birth. He was abomination cos Jessica drunk water of life. But true abomination she became when one of their personality started dominate

In the book is wrote that Alia was very beautiful girl, always.

Actually, in Children of Dune it says that the reason Alia became a true abomination, and not ghanima or Leto II (Although I think there was a line in GEOD that says that in time he became an abomination to) was becasue Ghani and Leto did not fight the personalities within them, they explored them, they flowed with them while Alia was always fighting against them, never acceting them.

Leto II and Ghanima had, because they were the children of the KH, also alot of ppl in their heads, if one of them took control they would be an abomination.. I think Leto II was also one because he was (insert correct name here) Atreides, which lived during or before the BJ (I think)

Leto II and Ghanima had, because they were the children of the KH, also alot of ppl in their heads, if one of them took control they would be an abomination.. I think Leto II was also one because he was (insert correct name here) Atreides, which lived during or before the BJ (I think)

Leto II (the first one) was not pre-born, and died just before the battle of Arrakeen not the BJ.

Haven't you seen the pic of the actress who is going to portray her?

Yeah, they do her justice look-wise in the new mini:)

Look on the news page, article titled COD (may have to click on recent to see it), it has a link to the article on aint-it-cool that announces the casting, along with a pic.

I understand how Alia was pre-born with the whole water of life thing. But how come Leto II and Ghani were pre-born?

Also how are the memerios passed on through them? Genetically?

Also, wouldn't they only have memerios up to the point of conception with all their passed lives. So how did the Baron in alia know all about these things judging by how long ago Jessica would have been concieved?

In Dune Messiah, Paul wonders about it, and thinks Chani had actually taken the Water of Life, and he remembers her hungering for something, possibly the Water. He also considers it to be a genetic product, forseen by the Bene Gesserit.

Alia was doomed from the beginning (IMO), she was never able to be a child at any point in her childhood. At her moment of birth she was already "knowledgeable" before her years. I believe that is why the Bene Gesserit had strict rules against a member taking the water of life during a pregnant period. I'm quite sure the sisterhood had already experienced this problem (abominations) in the early development stages as a school. Those born in this manner are prone to the same problem that befell Alia, subcoming to the "voices within". (IMO) It was all too easy for the Baron to manipulate Alia you could say she was open to it.