i think that the merks are to strong

daniel

who here thinks that the merks are way to strong here?? from wut i read i think that thats kinda unfair...what i think that should happen is that the Military are "self sustaioning" which means can fight on there own, while the merks need to depend on othe rplanets like ALOTanyone else think the merks are to powerful?? ?? ?? ?

• 1 month later...

advantages of merc's:

they cannot be attacked,

they can send all there forces on an attack because of this,

disadvantage:

cannot get arrakis but possibilty of salusa secondis or similar,

does not have a stable economy,

well for most people they enjoy the political intrigue so if you like a bit of both you go soldier if you just want to fight then you go mercenary.

note: mercanaries troops are slightly weaker and less well armed than soldiers, the reason they are better on attacks is because they can send everything whereas soldiers would have to be dumb to do that due to the risks

• 2 months later...

ok, as far as the merc houses go I think of them kind of like pirates. they can just kinda swoop in wipe out the defenses with overwhelming numbers raze the citys and spice yards then flee or hit the next planet. yes they can be employed to defend house holdings but cant they also strike out on their own and do this kind of thing? I would think one of the major draw backs of this kind of house is that your leaders will die more often (cause there will be more conflict and war) and the children of the merc houses will make much worse leaders (much lower stats than houses which dont war as often) what do you think?