Ordos: Emperor Worm

joker_dude3

can you give me tips on this one because i have beaten atr but barely and the atr sonics keep beating me. Also when i set up units in between the two rocks that the leeches come through this light comes down and damages my units. i set up units there for atr but this didnt happen. is it really worth it to go and capture the buildings that they tell u u can get with the engineers? is it worth it to go down to the bottom and capture that piece of land too?

well... the light coming down on your units, is called the guild mega canon, i think it shows u that at the begining and tells you to capture it, if you want to capture those buildings, then be cautious, there are like 5 bases surrounding them, so don't just send in engies or you will have wasted your time, if you kill the mega cannon you won't have to worry about sitting your units there anymore, and to stop atr sonic tanks i would recomend you use laser tanks and just move them in circles around the sonic tanks and they will die soon, and it may be worth it to try and capture some land around your base because you will run out of room on the rock you start with fast. and if you send units around you may want to watch out, because there are tilaxu turrets on all of the rocks through there, you probably know what i am talking about. to kill the worm, you could just send in a bunch of laser tanks, and it would be easy to kill... if you go through the canyon that the leeches come through, there is another ordos base i think on the way to the worm, you may want to kill it.

An easy way for newbies: camp in your base and when you feel you're ready, make 7 adv. carryalls and 7 kobra's, send them along the EDGE of the map to the guild worm, stay on the edge of the map, else your dead, when you come out, inmediatly drop the kobra's and inmediatly deploy the kobra's, now shoot the worm dead.

If some enemy tanks come, lift the strong ones up with your adv. carryalls.

No it's not worth it. You don't have to capture them, not even destroy them.

Defense in this mission when playing for Ordos is for nothing actually. There

are more ways of winnig this game. You can build up about 30 ETS units or

engage the worm with an army of sardaukaurs mixed with laser tanks. Make

a small mobile group of laser tanks to protect your base, wait until it grows

bigger and upgraded to the third level, then attack. Or when you're good at it all you need is one projector and a carryall.

An easy way for newbies: camp in your base and when you feel you're ready, make 7 adv. carryalls and 7 kobra's, send them along the EDGE of the map to the guild worm, stay on the edge of the map, else your dead, when you come out, inmediatly drop the kobra's and inmediatly deploy the kobra's, now shoot the worm dead.

that's what i did with atr when i first played it (that was before i played online) but then i didn't know about puting units in the black :( so i had to send over like 4 units and hope that at least 2 survived :(