Help on attacking Caladan!

Karthik

Make a lot of scouts, and I mean a LOT, and use Buzzsaws and flame tanks (mostly buzzsaws) to kill the fremen. Also, flamethrower infantry take two Fremen Warrior shots to kill, so use some of those.

In the campaign I tried to stay away from attacking Atreides; if you have a save from when you were fighting on Arrakis you can attack the Ordos (like I did).

Use Harkonen gunships!!

on fremen? are u nuts?

As u might of read the threads title then u should know that he asked for tips to beat the Caladan. Fremens were just one factor makeing it hard. But the Caladan mission doesnt consist only beating fremens. And gunships do give u an edge on that mission.

Use devastators. They're to slow to escape when stiken by the hawk projection. Air defense platforms are very efficient even if they should be

used for defense. But they're tough really. I managed to win the last mission

by utilizng their offensive abilities.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, scouts and other anti infantry units like flametanks. Theres a think of tilaxu crates in the corner above your bace when you start so get those and infect the enemy atreides harvs and in no time you will have an army of tilaxu (although i despise tilaxu they work quite well in this mission). Build sards too. They are just all togehter good and useful so that would be a big tool. And to protect your bace just build like 5 devs and but like 2 at each entrance and 1 in the middle for aa support.

Scouts are best for detecting stealthed or cloaked units; however, do not confuse Emperor detectors for those in Starcraft (I did, and had unpleasantness involving Infiltrators and my pretty, pretty Windtraps...). They do not detect things with their ENTIRE range of vision (wouldn't that be awesome?!), only a small fraction of it. About 3-5 wall sections. This means that you should keep an evenly spaced group of scouts at the base of your entrance ramps into your base if you want to take care of incoming Fremen.

Eh-heh, Fremen burn real good when detected trying to sneak past flame turrets... ;D