Characters/Styles of play in DG-RPG

quoudam72

I would play as an economic house, with a large military force as well. I feel it would help you alot to start out as a economic house becuase you would start of with more money (I am assuming this) to build a large military force. I would also be able to afford to hire a mercanary house when i am clearly outmatched by a military house. I would think you would be able to pick the solar system you want to be in when youfirst create a house. Also is there going to be a set Emperor Such  the Corrino family in the Novels?  Will there be landsraad meetings aswell?

Well im going to go for a Military house, those of you who know me will understand why,  and the bulk of my alliance will go Military as well,

when you put

Mercenary Vs. Soldier

Mercenaries would be faster and cheaper but have less armor and weapons, i suspect you will also be allowed to have more units than Soldiers

Soliders would be more heavily armed and have better weapons but will be more expensive and take longer to train,

Mercenaries: are mainly for people who dont want to be at risk if they cant be as active as they need to be e.g. you want to be able to go away for a week and not have your house destroyed.

Soldiers: are for the people who want to fight and have the dedication and activity to keep a close eye on there planets in order to keep them runnning at peak efficiency,

this is a breif summery of what i ahve learnt from the development forums and from talking with parts of the development team about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw some "Starwars" rpg once in IRC on dalnet.

They Mix dune with Starwars, Sardauker's sandworms etc.

The funny part is. Sandworms = veryyyyyyy weak  :-/

yeah right. That thing is miles long and Crushes everything in their Huge teeth's and weight.

A few Laser's kill the sandworm in the Rpg  ::)

I msged that owner and said he was bit of... well you know.. I dont wanna swear    :-/

• 3 months later...

what I want to know is can mercs turn on their employers? and can merc houses assult a planet on their own and steal all the resources? regardless of what kind of house you play clearly the mercs are gonna make a big diffrence on play. if a fighter or trade house dosent make use of mercs then the other ones will and those that do will reap a lot of benifits when the non allied planets fall.

• 2 weeks later...

I will probably play as a commercant house, i have about 6 friends that are going to play this game too. (even though we are not all for the monthly fee's >:()  2 of them are going to play as merc's, 2 others as military and 1 other as a commecrant.  We are basing it on how much we each are online, me and my friend kye aren't on as much so we will be commercant house.  My friends Big T and Ray are on almost all the time so they will play as the military house and guard the bases.  My other 2 friends will play as merc houses because they are online most of the day and are experienced in strategy and war games, and they along with my friends that have military house's will fight while me and kye control the economy and treaties and so on.

this was my first post on this board by the way :)