HELP!

chaos666

• 1 month later...

does anyone know how to get passed the mission for Atreites,I think it is mission 8,I'm not sure,but its the one where you go against the Ordos and the Harkonnen. I realy need help. If anyone has and tips or anything please tell me. :(

to check what level you are on open the menu and hti breifing and it should say at the top of it

• 3 months later...

I got past mission 8 but i don't remember what happens or how i beat it. I'm trying to beat mission 9 now-it's really hard. You go up against the emperor and the Harkonnan and they attack you almost immediately. If you remind me what mission 8 is about i might be able to help you.

Even I'm having a little difficulty remembering what it was about. But I do remember this li'le piece of advise- Do not depend on deviators too much. In fact, when you convert an AI unit, immediately destroy it. This will not reduce your Units Lost count, so dont worry. The main thing is getting rid of that unit.

Oooh! Sorry, my mistake. I post so much that I get mixed up sometimes.

Wasn't mission 8 the one in which there's a smugglers base on the north western corner, an Ord base to the west, another Ord base to the South west and a hark base to the south?

i know which mission your talking about on you ps, damn thats a hard mission i captured smuggler silos and destroyed ordos base to west but i cant get past that, the hark on the south are a pain and the tanks they send are non stop, its like fighting the chinese, you need cheap tactics to get rid of the units, i cant remember alot of dune 2k but my brother made one called the english front or something wherehe makes a column of soldiers in groups of 5, as far as i remember that didnt work

Here's what I do:

1) Build a row of r-turrets around your base and keep seige tanks behind them.

2) Capture everything in the Smugglers base and sell the buildings. There are 4 light inf there, I think.

3) Plug up the gap between your base and the Hark base using one row of Sonic tanks and a row of missile tanks behind them.

4) Do the same thing to the North west part of the map, just above the western Ord base.

5) Reinforce the lower opening of your base with more r-turrets in another row, as the main attacks come there.

Your defence is now complete. Their is no way the AI can infiltrate your base unless you move your units around too much.

As a precaution, keep a row of infantry around your buildings, as sabouteurs creep in unnoticed.

In the beginning, you would have found your buildings being blown up pretty quick. Wall in your const. yard as soon as its ready coz the sabouteurs target it a lot.

I dont think I need to tell you how to attack the AI now. Just keep your defence strong, pile up units, and attack periodically. You should win pretty quickly.

I've tried to keep it short. I may have failed in my attempt, but atleast my strat is simple yet effective.

Happy kicking ass (Ordos and Harkonnen, not your own)

• 1 month later...

I finaly beat this level, its tough at the begining but i found a way to maintain a proper defense while keeping your units alive when they do the massive rugh later into the game, early in the game build around 3 gun turrets and 3 missle turrets in the upper western entrance, i had to sacrifice my havestors because i couldnt send forces to defend my spice, i camped in my base and built a wall cuting off harkonen entrance mid southern portion of base, at one end i built a combination of 6 turrets, after i set up a defense i built alot of caryals and harvestors, then alot, more of a massive force of a mixture of tanks then sent them out to the rock north west of my base, at this point the enemy sent the massive attack and crushed my force, but the enemy got slaughtered by my turrets, after this i expanded my base and built 3 star ports and 3 heavy factories and built and ordered tanks non stop, when the whole southern portion of my base was filled with tanks i sent all of them to attack harkonen, it was relatively easy to overcome them, then i captured all the buildings after this i attacked ordos base at its north eastern entrance, again it was easy, and thats about it there nothing more you need to know all you have to do is slaughter them with a massive force, i forgot to mention that b4 i built my first large force i attacked the ordos base at the maps equator, this was really easy, also move your mcv to the west of your base and build your refinery there to get spice faster, i was annoyed by those saboteurs so i built a wall around my con yard, thats about it if you need one i'll send screen shots of how my base looks, but the key to overcome the enemy is by building turrets, and build them in a specific spot so that the enemy has to run into them to get into your base...[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

Building 3 starports is a waste of time and resources, Duncan. Multiple starports dont help except when they're in separate bases.

Send me some of those screenshots, wouldya?

I found the sabs a big nuisance. Finally, a freind suggested the walling-in technique.

You'll notice that all the bases have a narrow opening ahead of them. Be smart. Line up a row of sonic tanks and another of missile tanks in the gap. Remember, sonics b4 missiles.

uh, your technique of setting up a row of tanks, really blows go ahead and try it your self, its not smart at all being your forces will most likely be overwhelmed in a level like this, and building 3 starports isnt a waste being your base is huge.

-scroll up to my other post and you will see a screen shot of my north west base entrance, notice the blue blotch on my radar outside my base, i captured both enemy bases with this force[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

YOU DARE SAY MY TACTICS AREN'T PERFECT?

If you do, you're right ;D. They aren't. But I find they work when I try them.

You expected to wipe out every attack they send by blocking them? That wasn't the idea. The main thing was to engage them b4 they get to your base and spice fields.

If you manage to blow them up, then the've served their purpose. Of course you'll havta reinforce them constantly. But they prevent those 3-4 combat tanks harassing your harvesters, dont they?

Look, we're rambling on and on about 2 different things. I'm talking about getting rid of those small, 2-3 unit pesky little squads they send with no apparent reason. You're talking about those big attacks. This is confusion, man, chaos. Lets quit it. We're both right, though in our own ways.

But why would you want to give them clearance to enter your base?

If you give them access to your base, that means they have greater chances of entering your base. That means they have greater chances of blowing up your base. That means they have greater chances of winning. That means you have greater chances of losing. That means your trick isn't too hot.

Do the logical thing. Blow them up on sight. Thats it.

A fun trick- Make a maze on a separate mountain. They'll get totally lost and keep roaming around.

Even more fun- Wall up the entrance as soon as they're inside.

Sometimes, they try to blow up the maze. Lets not count on that happening.