fenring related to paul?

TMA_1

i have had my own little theory on this. We all know that fenring was a potential kwisatz hederech. That the genetic line was a failure though. Also, no doubt that the mother was a bene gesserit. Could it be, that since helen mohiem was a special breeder for this super human child that she could have been the breeder that gave birth to fenring? She is old enough, and it would make sense that since they didnt know that his line was a genetic dead end, that helen could have been the mother of not only jessica, but of fenring?

I do not know about this TMA-1 but you could be on to something. It is possible like you said because she was also a breeder in the Bene Gessrit program (being Jessica's mother) but I think maybe another gave birth to Fenring and not Mohiem. It is very possible that you could correct.

It's mor than likley they are distantly related, but I tend to follow Franks novels when it comes to Jessica's parents. Nerus is her mother, not Mohaim, it is even stated in Messaih that Mohaim was never a breeder. The only reason Herbert let McNelly put it in the DE is because he thought it was kinda funny and that there should be mistakes in it, like any historical record.

oh, if that is the case then, then I would have to agree. Frank even has said that they werent related. He did not like the idea at first of mcnelly putting that info in there inside the DE, but finally did because like you said, it would be funny to make fake historical inaccuracies. I still think though that they are closely related. theye would have to be.

You know, TMA, you may be on to someth-

*read's Mahdi's shoot-downage*

Never mind. ;)

Anyway, this has inspired me. A while back, I wrote some very brief fan fiction about the other Corrino daughters for another board. they're stupid, and very farfetched, but I think you'll all find it pretty fun. Check out the Fan fiction board in a bit.

righteous, I cant wait to read it. I also think that somehow paul and fenring had some sort of unconscious connection to eachother. Its hard to explain, but they seemed to truly understand oneanother from the little information we have on the both of em together.

Yeah, they did share a connection, because Fenring would have been a kwisatz haderach had it not been for his being a eunich. Fenring could have killed Paul, but didn't.

Fenring in Dune is not the same Fenring as int he prequel novels.

Okay, I've made the post. it's called "Those Crazy Corrino Girls!".

Anyway, I agree about the connection between Paul and Fenrig. Obviously, Fenrig would have gladly fought Paul if they didn't. One of the things in the prequels I hated (I repeat: ONE of them) was the characterization of Fenrig. He had lost the calm, reserved air about him, and became more of a rodentlike braggart. The same happened with Piter, to a degree.

Yeah, they did share a connection, because Fenring would have been a kwisatz haderach had it not been for his being a eunich. Fenring could have killed Paul, but didn't.

Fenring in Dune is not the same Fenring as int he prequel novels.

Do you mean he could have easily killed Paul or it would be a close fight since they were both trained in the Bene Gesseritt ways? I remember in the book that Paul comes to realize that Fenring was the part of the future he could not see and that he was a failed attempt at a kwiatz haderach. I would think that Paul could easily kick his ass because he was living as a fremen for a while and had fought many hand to hand fights. The fact that Paul beat the Harkonen Feyd (sp?) makes me think Paul would have made short work of Fenring. Fenring was always a character I wanted to know more about and I was left wanting at the end of the first Dune book.

Do any of the Dune books give any insight into why this is true? From all that you see of this guy in the first book he does not appear to be all that until Paul realizes who he is. Also, Paul beats Feyd who is supposedly one of the best at hand to hand combat. So Fenring could also have easily defeated Feyd as well? If that is true, then what special training did Fenring receive?

I agree with number 6 I have thought about this one before also but could not find anything to justify Fenring being the better fighter than Paul. So what acutally is Fenring's advantage over Paul the fact that Paul could not see Fenring in the outlines of the future? Fenring is a failed KH it seems that he would be at the disadvantage.

It's been a while since I have read the book, but I thought that Paul realizes who Fenring is before the fight with Feyd. It is revealed to the reader, and Paul, that this was the part of the future he could not see and could destroy him. At least that's how I remember it. I guess I am going to have to crack out the Dune book when I get a chance since my memory is not always clear.

feyd was good, no dbout about that, but what I got from the book is, is it is somewhat how some roman emperors faught in arenas. Thats right, a few roman emperors did that to please the people.lol Remember the baron would have the men in the arena drugged? He was undefeated because he had an unfair advantage. that is my opinion on it. Also, feyd had trouble because he was used to shield fighting, which is a totally different ballgame.

Also, feyd had trouble because he was used to shield fighting, which is a totally different ballgame.

Paul was the one used to shield fighting. In the other fight with Feyd we see (his 100th kill), he wasn't using shields. Paul, on the other hand, almost lost to Jamis because he would slow down his strikes because he was used to shield fighting.