Ordos EITS

NetWerx1

• 1 month later...

I usually build windtrap in bunches, but rarely anything (include EITS) get near them 8)

But an EITS early rush once happened to me, I was Atreidies. My opponent manage to build EITS's like as early as within 10 mins of the game. I have built a formidable land force ( few mino's many bikes, kindjals and light's),as you can see there's no AA units within them and the EITS rush got me :'(

3 EITS crawled in and got my factory and refinery, whenever I rebuild my buildings, the EITS comes and finishes it off immediately, and wen I try build missile turrets, there's no $$$ left =_="

I rush all my units hoping for a victory, and a few ambushed warrior and fredaykin killed 1/2 my army before they even got near the base, by the time the left overs (my "army") was there, they have got Kobras & lasers, so my kindajals and mino's wasn't a fxcken match, not me mention my base been EITS'ed =_=" :O

• 4 weeks later...

I think some people are missing the point. The EITS is kinda like the Aurora in Generals. Sure it may die after destroying a building and it may cost more or as much as the building but destroying a building(which takes time to replace) can give you a temporary tactical advantage. Even destroying an powerplant or barracks. This makes the enemy unable to counter you in an area for a specific amount of time.

Strategy is ultimately more then a matter of pure economics. I know this is strange coming from Ordos but it's true.

If you have an army of Mongoose and your opponents only has APC's and Buzzsaws for example, you win, even if he had equal or a bit money worth of more units. Likewise with flame tanks and infantry.

I could spend 10 k in snipers and lose to 2k of flame tanks.

Are you a bunch of economics or managers here? Always are you afraid thay money is spend, and you won't get it back.

War costs money. So if you want to destroy a base, you can spend more money into the destroying force, then the base is worth.

If I spend all my money to EITS but with that I destroy you, then I don't care about the lost many.

Are you all some kind of scrooges?

I think some people are missing the point. The EITS is kinda like the Aurora in Generals. Sure it may die after destroying a building and it may cost more or as much as the building but destroying a building(which takes time to replace) can give you a temporary tactical advantage. Even destroying an powerplant or barracks. This makes the enemy unable to counter you in an area for a specific amount of time.

Erm.... that is IF you can manage to sneak a EITS in.

And once a base is settled, sneaking a EITS is close to impossible, why? Remember an EITS slows down after being hit?

Well ok, money is important and useful. I mean you can buy more with it, adapt more with it etc.

Just don't place all your faith in it. Strategy games are about strategy ultimately, money helps here. And so its important to consider. But it's not the only thing to consider.

Everything's fine as long as it's cost-effective in the long run.

Why are you all so mad over cost and $$$ stuff?!?!!As long as it is stronger than the enemy,why bother about the $$$!!?!?!? >:( >:( >:(

I'm not hyped up about money, i'm just saying that it's good as long as it's cost-effective in the long run.

Example: you have a choice, 5 mortar infantries which would destroy a harvestor or 2 and then get killed or 5 lasertanks which would destroy a harvestor or 2 and then run away, you can re-use those lasertanks without losing anything.

Another example: You use your eits for attacking some important structures before you attack, your enemy has 7 minotaurs, alot of kindjal, snipers, mongooses and fedaykins. This will surely get you some losses but if you didn't destroy his factory/baracks/refinery before you attacked he would've gotten MORE units which would've killed MORE units on your side.

Very wise Ken. You are using Popperian principles, in keeping your options open. Doing so leads to more flexibility and more room for adapting when the situation demands. Money hence helps you be flexible and adapt.

But IO also makes a good point in that you cannot measure everthing with money. Emperor is ultimately about strategy and that transcends money at times. (If I have 100 k, but they destroy my base, I still lose.)

I think IO is just irritated cause he think you downplay certain strats due to how much it costs vs how much creds you destroy. And pointing that out(how much money it costs/vs is destroyed) is a good thing of course. But it's not everything.

IO? Sorry who do you mean?

Ken, don't understand me wrong. If I had the choice to destroy a base with Laser Tanks, or with EITS. I would choose Laser Tanks. But it doesn't work that way.

When I'm building my base, and my army. As soon as I build my Hangar (quite late in the game) Then I will keep building EITS. Maybe I don't even use them, because I already destroyed the enemy. But it is nice to have suddenly an army of EITS. This army is very useful when the game sort of paused (both sides are 'resting', because they don't have an attack yet that can do crippling blows to the enemy)

And if I'm in a need of money, the first thing I sell and stop is the EITS production

This army is very useful when the game sort of paused

If it's effective in the long run it's ok. Crippling your enemy while he's weak goes in the list.

But IO also makes a good point in that you cannot measure everthing with money. Emperor is ultimately about strategy and that transcends money at times. (If I have 100 k, but they destroy my base, I still lose.)

Here's another example of a good way to SPEND your money: Here i have 2k of money where i can build a kobra and a lasertank or a large group of chemical troopers. I'm fighting against a minotaur and some snipers, what would be better?

The kobra and lasertank ofcourse! SPENDING your money is another strategy, it just isn't as recognised as some other things like rushing.

That's why non-spice maps are good for honing your money management skillz. You was you wad on EITS and you don't have enuff to stop the army marching toward your base.

I have always like EITS but it's a one way trip and if you don't succeed you better have a back up.

My problem is that they are a major investment that is easily picked off before it reaches its target. Sending one often isn't effective, so I hold off and build several as I can. Then I send them in a wave of about five or more to obliterate en masse, typically going for the conyard, factory, and starport in one swoop (if possible). If one or two get picked off, there are still the others. The objective is to slow my enemy down more than to destroy him. If I fail to get all three of these buildings, he has a chance to come back, and rarely do I get all three (though I have gotten much more on occasion). So the wave of EITS is often either a prelude to an enroachment (a "defensive rush"), a provocation to lure an attack into a waiting army, or to wipe out a multitude of many weaker units (infantry) that are backing up a stronger force. It should at least cripple some element of his rebuilding capacity long enough for me to wipe out something more significant, including freestanding armies.

All in all, the EITS is my second least favorite and usefull unit, coming in behind the AA Mine and followed by the Sabotuer.

Here's another example of a good way to SPEND your money: Here i have 2k of money where i can build a kobra and a lasertank or a large group of chemical troopers. I'm fighting against a minotaur and some snipers, what would be better?

The kobra and lasertank ofcourse! SPENDING your money is another strategy, it just isn't as recognised as some other things like rushing.

Basically building a conventional force is the most logical choice normally, and EITS is USELESS normally, unless the opponent is smart enough to not build anti-air units.

Most players use their money to their precise point, which means, keeping it as close to zero, but not hitting it. I call this macro. (Good macro keeps the player's force at maximum point)

Anyway, because of the good macro those players, a EITS seems to be luxary unit. Many of my friends had made this mistake: They used ordos just as they use Atredies and Harkonnen-- Ordos are not as good as head-to-head battle as Atr. and Hark. Ordos are a little weaker at head-to-head combat due to their draw backs of their units.

I mean, okay, E.G.

Dust scout are good against infantry but bad against tanks,

and laser tanks vice versa.

APC has a low fire rate but great against air(for Ordos, the best AA unit next to AA mine).

Cobra has a range shorter than a Minov and the undeployed mode is tragic.

AA capability of Ordos is not great. It needs quite a lot of micro managment for an Ordos player to make their units attack the right target. Most player failed under the lack of understanding of the properties of Ordos(it sounds like the Ordos are a piece of metal?!)

This deduced that without great micromanagement Ordos is not as easy to play. The EITS and sabo are one of the units that makes Ordos shine. With the highest attack in game (What unit can destroy a conyard in 3 hits?) the EITS and sabo are in fact, the most fearable unit of Ordos.

However, due to the intellegence the creators of this game didn't expect from us human players, the EITS and sabo became easily countered without knowing how to use them.

Most players tried to use them alone to destory their opponent's base, which, sadly, lead to their defeat. Ordos represent chaos, and the EITS and sabo should be used in times of chaos, such as when your super weapon hit them, or when your launch a major/minor attack on him. Then you can sneak a couple of them inside and cause harvoc.

Sorry a bit long my post it. Hope you can endure it.

It's not neccery to clear the way for the EITS, just a small force to distract the AA units so the EITS can have an easier time. Anyway, even your army is half of your opponents, if you have a force of laser tanks+dust scouts banging in front, Adv. Carryalls dropping APCs filled with sabotaurs behind the base and EITS deploying over the middle, there's not much he can do. His forces can't take care of all three threats at once.

*Note: I didn't developed this strategy, a similar strategy is developed by an American strategist for war in REAL LIFE and I'm just copying his idea.