EB4D in WinXP Problems

scrapser

I just switched to a new PC with WinXP Pro installed.  I have version 1.07 of Emperor installed.  I cannot use the Control key to set the construction yard or spice mining rally points anymore and tonight, the game crashed while loading a mission in single player.  Is this a bug or is there a fix known?  Thanks.

scrapser

Yes, it did come with 1.09. Usually, XP improves the performance. Try reinstalling it. But if not. Try this.

Go to your C:westwoodemperor folder, or wherever it is. Right click on Emperor.exe

Click on the compatability tab. Tick the box with the Run this Program under Windows** Choose windows 98. Press ok, then try the game.

Thanks for the responses so far.  I thought the rally feature was in 1.07 so I'll step up to 1.09...but I should mention here that when I tried to patch to version 1.09 initially, I got an error message from windows and the patch install was canceled.

Tonight, I will uninstall and reinstall straight to 1.09 and see if that works.  Till then...

scrapser