Poetry of Dune

TMA_1

I wanted to make this post but never had the chance till now. It is set up so that people can post all their prose, essays and poetry on the Dune universe. It can be corny or serious. It doesnt matter at all. Just an outlet for the coolest fictional setting somebody has come up with in my opinion. :)

The trees blowing in the wind, escape Arrakis

The rainshowers of spring keep the animals under the rocks,

The fish surrounding the pillars of the docks

The birds overhead shouting at the birds underhead, escape Arrakis.

Come Arrakis.

The trees crumble into sand, blown by the wind

The rainshowers evaporate in the sky,

The fish gasps and replenishes the ground where it lie

The birds fall down disappearing into the sand.

Come Arrakis.

Enemies are more valuable than friends. With their malicious ways, they expose the flaws deep within. Friendship is never for benefit of wisdom. Only to strengthen the resolve of each moment you live in this universe. Remember this and prosper. Those who have failed to keep their enemies close will always be destroyed by their own weakness

The dunes move slowly, and the winds do not harm them, but a man hurrying over one dune will not reach the next.

- Fremen Saying

Open your mind to all possibilities, for a closed one can be taught nothing but hate.

- Paul Muad'dib

Take only what is in your reach, but take most often what is on the edge of your reach to extend it; and if your grasp is ever reduced, you may still take from the interior.

- Zensunni teaching

can he follow me? Through my strength I can break the bonds of the fire. With my wisdom I can count the ringlets of laviathen. he cowers under the sand by a single word from my lips. I am alam al mithal. The rules of the heavens are undone by a single thought from my heart.

---Religious chant of Leto the Tyrant at Onn

Since I'm no good at poetry, I'll post what I do know: Useless facts!

In Brian Herbert's foreward of Songs of Muad'Dib, Brian tells us that all of Dune began with a haiku written by Frank. Unfortunately though, this haiku no longer exists. :( But it's a wild idea, that such a vast and complex universe came from a mere 17 syllables (is that correct?) on three lines of text. Perhaps this will inspire some people to make their own Dune haikus.