Generals Mod

Dunenewt

Well, Apollyon is a good teacher. I'm still hoping to make a mod with him, lol. I've worked a bit with Edric and Frodo, a lot with Timenn, GoldEagle and all them... just waiting for him to see fit to incorporate my base/uncreative/simple mind into one, lol ;)

Well, if either of you need any help, I'm here ;)

And Bryorama, in the meantime, you should read some of both our tutorials. I've got four nice ones at Dune Editing, and Apollyon has the similar stuff stretched into three or four parts, in whatever corner of hell he keeps that stuff. His are probably the more in depth tutorials though, and he knows about xbfs to boot, lol :P

"incorporate my base/uncreative/simple mind into one"

To become ultra-mega-super-noculator!  ;)

Of course you can help, Scrin, the more the better! We currently have 2 coders and 1 modeller so we won't be moving that fast (especially as us coders aren't really certain about the code yet :P).

Inoc, don't you ever use MSN any more?  ??? Ain't seen you on in ages.

Anyway, so that I can make the full mod as good as possible, I've embarked upon a minimod that adds the UK as a playable side. It's going quite well at the moment, but then I haven't done anything mind-blowingly complicated yet.

• 1 month later...

;D

Good luck, I know my son would be pleased to see a Dune mod for Generals, which he really likes (and I havent yet even bought him Zero Hour!).

Do I assume then that the EBFD mod you have been working on for some time is finished/paused/cancelled?

I've given up on the Emperor mod but I'll put all my texture and XBF files available for download.

Yup Cyborg I should be able to do the Ini part.

I'm reskinning the overlord to make the Devastator so it will look like it did in Dune 2000 and I'll post a screenshot tomorrow.

I mean I can make totally new models.

That's what's the point of a total conversion mod  :P

I found out that making models for Generals is very easy.

And for some reason, I love that game very much :)

Only the colour but if Cyborg can make totally new models...that would be great.

Although I think we should sort out what units we are going to use though.

Here's some I came up with for the other sides apart from the main three although not all of it is possible in Generals I think.