Newbie guide

ken124578

My goodness, still using the same number from Dune II!

Bear in mind that harvesters have a tendancy to get hard-coded, and the spice capacity as per the harv unit definition may be supersesed by something hard-coded. (Unless someone's made a mod increasing the capacity, a mod which had actually worked).

I also got bored so I looked at Empworm's website.

It says on there:

You get 800 worth of Solaris for every full load of spice your harvesters return. It is very important for any good player to know how much he makes!

That was a correct answer to one of his questions of the funny skill rater thing for test B.

So something funny going on if he has that and I know that but the program says different about the solaris. :-

so isnt that kinda unbalanced? lol

150 for a visible sniper with loads of delay after firing

150 for an invisible sniper with same damage AND fires faster

My opinion would be "slightly unbalanced"

The Sniper can be produced with a barracks in house Atreidies only

The Fremen Warrior requires a barracks to start the production of their own camp.

And someone give me a production time to add to this

I also got bored so I looked at Empworm's website.

It says on there:

You get 800 worth of Solaris for every full load of spice your harvesters return. It is very important for any good player to know how much he makes!

That was a correct answer to one of his questions of the funny skill rater thing for test B.

So something funny going on if he has that and I know that but the program says different about the solaris. :-

There are many falsehoods on his site in those tests. I think he was proved wrong on this point but I may be wrong...

To Warlord:

The fremen warrior takes much longer to make than the sniper, making it pretty well balanced.

Bear in mind that harvesters have a tendancy to get hard-coded, and the spice capacity as per the harv unit definition may be supersesed by something hard-coded. (Unless someone's made a mod increasing the capacity, a mod which had actually worked).

And...

Emperor is a buggy game, so it can happen that it does strange things, like having 800 Solaris instead 700 sometimes, while it is desinged as 700...

• 10 months later...

I believe there was only 1 effective rush out there for atreides. It involved attacking the opponent's spice with a mongoose i believe...

*EDIT* it seems that emprworm's website has been deleted.

Well, basicly it was with quickmatch settings and in the early beginning you had to build roughly 5 sandbikes, some light infantry and 1 mongoose. Attack his spice with those and keep his forces low until you got enough cash to get some heavier artillery.

I can't give you alot of details because it was so long ago since i read that page. Perhaps people like brenq could help you?

• 8 months later...

I think I play with pretty much the quality with all the houses. But I am most comfortable with ordos as they move real fast with real power ( they have less armor though ). harkos and atreides are best in defense for me ( as I want to attack quickly but defend steadily ).

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You guys were talking about clams crapper you can make it youre own in 10k though just a few adjustments. It was reallyall about the units anyway and creating a massive hoard of low tech tree units. I alwayhs love it, and for the other guy go online people will hjelp you and give hints. even spectate some games thats a big help

• 4 years later...