Really really screwed up problem...

Madluxan

I tried playing a few games of emperor today for the first time in a long time, and when the game started, I couldn't select my MCV by clicking on it. I couldn't select anything without dragging the cursor over it and letting go. Once I had it seleceted, I tried pushing d to deploy and it wouldn't deploy. Furthermore, when I tried to scroll the map while I had a unit selected, it wouldn't move. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, making sure the Emperor folder was emptied completely after the uninstallation, and even then it still didn't work. I also tried switching the graphics settings from low to medium and that didn't work, although I didn't reall expect it to... What's even wierder is that after a few tries, my friend also said it was happening to him too.

Can someone help with this?

Okay, this sounds like me.

It often happens when you use alt+tab as well. I call it, 'losing the games engine' even though thats not what it is.

Try closing the game, and re-starting it. That always fixed it for me.

If that doesn't work, restart your computer to clear the ram, and try again.

If that doesn't work, re-install the game.

If that doesnn't work, nyar will take over.

yea, that sounds familiar.  I believe there is something you can hit in-game to fix the problem immediately.  I think it is shift and tab or some combo of the four: shift, tab, control, alt (two buttons together).  It happens to me on occasion.

On a side note, I had a game the other day where the menu on the side disappeared and I couldnt team talk or build anything.  It happened during one of my games.  Anyone know how to recover the menu (buttons like v and w weren't pulling up any menus such as vehicles)?

Divine Wind link=board=general-tech;num=1022821540;start=0#3 date=06/01/02 at 01:09:41]Okay, well it was the whole alt-tab thing that was screwing up. Thanks :)

And by the way, did you like my servings of whoop-ass in Renegade, doc? ;)

Yes ;D

Hope to see more people form here playing Renegade online :)