Gobalopper

Site Updates

The forum now fully supports https and all the links should be updated to use the new secured approach.

Let me know if you run into any problems.

I am planning to upgrade the forum software to a newer version of IP.Board (the new 4.x release) sometime soon.

We currently have two "themes" you can choose from, either Infinite Dark or Animate with Infinite Dark being the default. However, our default theme has not been upgraded for the new version of the forum software and it doesn't look like it will be any time soon.

I have already purchased a new version of Animate (http://www.ipsfocus.com/themes/animate/) and if there isn't a lot of complaints, check out the preview to see it in action, I will likely make that the default version.

If you don't like Animate do you see any other themes on the IPS Focus site you like more? Keep in mind I will keep the default IP.Board theme enabled if you want a brighter theme.

Right now you are using Carbon Blue, right?

I don't see any differences except for that the I-pads and I-phones will be able to access the site in a better designed way.

As long as you don't select something with white backgrounds. Ugh, I soooo dislike white backgrounds.

Will forum users be able to post more than the current Mb?

Right now the default theme is Infinite Dark. But you can also select Animate which is what I am using as I write this. The dropdown to select the theme is in the bottom left of the page.

You're right that the new version is much better for mobile users and responsive design in general. I'm also not a huge fan of white backgrounds but at the very least people will have a choice as the theme that ships with IP.Board is white.

What do you mean by post more Mb? You mean attaching files to posts?

The files, Yes.

Somehow this always worked best for me.

I've just updated the forum to the latest version. Please let me know of any issues you're having.

Also please note if you were previously logging in with your username you will have to start using your email address instead.

Oh, if you don't like this theme please go to http://www.ipsfocus.com/themes/ and let me know if there is another you like more. If enough people want something I'll look into adding it.

Good changes around here, I thought that the site needs some updates since the old theme was in-use for a long period.

I used my email address instead of username to login.

Edited by Dune.

Seems we need to fix our pictures :D

But in overall, so far, so good.

9 hours ago, Gobalopper said:

I've just updated the forum to the latest version.

It is interesting. I suppose, I need some time to adopt this. But still it looks not bad.

Is it possible to make signature (I mean constant text under my messages) more little?

Edited by Adriano

@Adriano you should be able to change the size of the text from the editor when you are creating your signature text.

What does everyone think of the Carbon theme? It has a bit more color and the color used can be customized.

• Upvote 1

Looks good. I prefer the carbon theme more.

Edited by Dune.

1 hour ago, Gobalopper said:

What does everyone think of the Carbon theme? It has a bit more color and the color used can be customized.

I suppose, Carbon theme looks not bad too.

It seems that one cannot post Youtube video's directly.

Hi!

Please add a black theme without the animation/transparency.  For us on low end hardware it is frying our CPU. And as I rely on my old good CRT a bright theme will fry my eyes too. I vote for carbon or something similar so we can have some more color options.

Thanks for upgrade. Unluckily my ISP is getting crappier and crappier and I cannot estimate if now it is faster or not.

Interval between rows looks slightly big.

I make size:10 of my signature, but the interval stays the same. Look at this, please.

@X3M do you mean you can't post only the link to a YouTube video? If you go into "Source" mode you can have it only include the link and not embed the video.

@Adriano I've edited your signature using that same approach of creating it with "Source" mode on. That lets you edit the HTML directly.

@athanasios the Carbon theme is now available. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

• Upvote 1

There is a slide difference but the round avatars still remained. When I looked into IPSFocus site, the shape was a square.

Edited by dune.

It seems to me, I can not use italic and bold text now.

Added.

I found, that it does not work under old Win XP. And it works under Linux.

Edited by Adriano
formatting

19 hours ago, athanasios said:

Please add a black theme without the animation/transparency.  For us on low end hardware it is frying our CPU.

I've also noticed that the animated theme seems to put unduly strain on the CPU, with the fan starting to work faster and a lot louder.

What is this "source mode" ?

And if it is the source of the problem, I simply need to toggle.

But where?

Edited by X3M

Signing in threw me off.

I always signed in using my username. Now it asks for email. I eventually figured out the email I used.

I've found how to remove the animation on the Animate theme as well as how to make the avatars square again.

@X3M the source button is in the top left of the post creation box, right beside the "B" (bold) button.

@Andrew part of it was for security because people won't know your email but they would know your display name so they can't try to brute force your password as easily.

• Upvote 1