Site Updates

Gobalopper

Hrm i liked the old feature where you could see who the moderators were..
In the forums where God or Mahdi are the mods, they don't show, but the others like in the tech forum, it still syas that I'm the mod there (on top). So if you don't see who the mods are, it's Gob and/or Mahdi..[Edit: btw Gob, if you look in my signature, you'll see that the link to my page doesn't work/show properly. Any ideas how to resolve it ?]

But the time still show pm or am. Not needed for 24 notation. At least, here in most countries of Europe we don't have that.

The moderators are: Gobalopper + Mahdi + {the moderators noticed above the forum}. It would be fine if you read the topic before asking the same already did once...

Problem is I don't have a mouse wheel. But thanks anyways the font for signature is correct.

Next problem:

Reply with Quote...or just Quote?

Reply with quote occupies a lot of space...causing the Reply with quote, Modify, Delete thing turn into 2 lines.

Also Reply with quote, Modify and Remove should have a smaller size like it did last time.

Actually no, [*move] was made in some version of the board way back when, but was removed *I am sure of this, but then again Metal ruins the brain*. It's annoying and hard to read sometimes, and now that this conversion is being made, the feature came back (but will be gone surely).

[move] :P [/move]

:'( (plz allow this one word {or smile in this case} response[well its not one smile anymore it has a few words now so never mind] ;Dbut still :'()[glow=color,glow width, #characters wide]EDIT not to make anyone mad or confused as to why :'([/glow]as soon as i noticed it it was removed :P ;Di was trying to size the font by trying something like [font -1]text here but it didnt work, so i clicked the help thingy to see if it was avalible and i saw the move(<- no longer works) thingy and a few others that i had never see used before. like say [glow=color,glow width, #characters wide]GLOW like a NEON sign[/glow]so i figured i'd post aboot it and i posted about it and it was gone... sorry... hope i didnt get this one removed too :P ::) ;DEDIT again ;D agghhh now the NEON is gone too :P sorry guys

After Posting Take Users to their Message Like Before Please.

That is how it was on the old board right? It seems like now whenever I post it goes back to the main forum without showing me my message.

I always need to check my messages for clarity and typos. So with this system I have to:

1. Waste my time by clicking manually to get back to review my message.

2. Screw up the "view" counter because I need to view the thread just to check my own message.

Please put it back to how it was before, so you see your message right after you post it.

This is in response to Nav's post, and put in here to avoid confusion of having to go to two different threads for the same topic (about the new messageboard).

As Nyar has said before, hit Preview to check for typos/clarity stuff and also to see how it looks. Also, dunno why you can't check for typos while you type the post...hmm...jolly good!

So, you got rid of the report to moderator option, eh Gob?

It could have been a useful, but I agree getting rid of it was the smart thing to do. The first day alone I got 5 reports through it. Really ate up space and time.

Thank you, it was odd looking. Um, you will be adding the WOL: Nick back into the Profile screen right?

um, why can't you upload *.bmp files?
To below this is a reply to.Gob said something like the old lightning bolt wasn't very clear, and he liked these computers better.But, I think the Little computer isn't as easy to see the difference between online and offline.

You can't upload .BMP files because they are too big. Also, if you do upload them on geocities or something, since it isn't a supported file it just asks you to download it, not view it. So it's more of a hassle than anything.

Yes, but I mean can't it be replaced?And about locking your the topics you started. I don't see the point of it. If you start a topic, it doesn't mean that you own the topicAnd the today at doesn't work correctly, it show with me the wring time (not the 9 hours difference) and it shows your standard time notation

It has it's good points. When you're asking for help or another simple question you can close the topic when you are happy with the given answers. Preventing the topic from becomming a spamm thread.Oh, and I personally liked the "old" IM system more.

I like the computer screen better, makes more sense the the lightning bolt.

I got rid of the today thing, it wasn't all that useful and at least the time should work now.

I'm looking into the problem where you don't go back to the thread once you post in it next. For now the locking makes sense since the original poster should have some control over their own threads. If it gets out of hand then I might change it.

As for the IM system the old one was a rather big mod that someone wrote and as far as I know that hasn't been done for this board yet. I think someone is working on it though.

As for the IM system the old one was a rather big mod that someone wrote and as far as I know that hasn't been done for this board yet. I think someone is working on it though.

Just like upgrading to a higher Windows version. You have no worenty that your old applications will run under the new version. Ore updating RPM, that's almost impossible because the mew RPM file is in the new code, and the older RPM can not read the new ones, else you wouldn't need the new one. So you have to go online and download a special version from Redhat. . . . makes sence ::) ;D

I don't see the problem that your not getting put back in thread where you posted. As said before, you can preview your message, so what's the problem ? I find the current situation much better, because after you've posted you can directly go to the next thread (handy when things get busy in the tech forum ;)). I assume you've already read the thread before you reply, you can preview your meesage before posting, so why does one need to be taken back to the thread ?