Site Updates

Gobalopper

Two thumbs up for this new forum.. seems a lot better.. to me the old boards seemed a little bland..( yes teh faces were kinda plain)i like the new faces and everything.. the old online thing did look cool but hey cant deny the computers. so far i havnt had any problems and everything seems to be in shape. nice job...

(all of this is IMHO) :) :) :) :) :) ;D

I havn't noticed any difference in the smilies.The frames and such do look a bit crooked, but, I presume all these things will be worked out in due time.Can ew like, report you to a moderator Gob?This new function seems a bit large.Maybe if you make it more discreet, otherwise people come here, go to a thread, and they see a huge'Report to Moderator'Button, and, that makes the forum seem as if its one of those forums, you know the sort.

Well Jacob, the smilies now have a shadow-like shade on them to seem as iff it's 3-d, or atleast it looks 3-d. Also, Gob is working quite hard on the updates, so patience and acceptance that I am the law will make it easier for him and others. What's wrong with the "report to moderator"? This forum has rules, and has a strong community partly because of it, so if someone is annoying people should be allowed to report it, no?

I have some new pictures that I'd like to offer for use in the profile pictures. Examples include invisible 3 chevron projector tanks, invisible 3 chevron Devs, INVISIBLE WORM RIDER, etc etc. Perhaps these could be imported into the picture gallery? I would also like to know how to put pictures under where the signiture text is. (Look at posts from GunsengHarkonnen to know what I mean). Attachments show up as paperclips in the top right corner of the post (as far as I can remember from the previous version of this forum), and I can't seem to get them to show in the post.

I took the screenshots (and play EBFD) in the screen resolution 1024x768. Maybe that has something to do with it? Of course, I could use paint to crop the screen shots of the units to a 50x50 area, but if it's not possible then I don't mind. I just wanted to put a elite invisible projector as my signiture that all. ::)

YaBB forums use their own code to do away with confusion with HTML, called YaBBC. Most of the code you can find in Help Section but I'll just tell you now. To insert a picture use the tags

[img=http://www.source.com/of/picture.jpg]

Replace URL within the tags with the real URL yadayadayada. There are also attributes to the %7Boption%7D tag, head to the Help Section for them and more. And please resize if necessary for the signature picture according to the Rules, which are not here at the moment (somewhere around 100 for height and 75 for width, not sure though). And the reason attachments "might" not work is because this forum is under construction with features yet to be added. Enjoy!

Edit: Help section is also changed...hmm...guess you have to wait for further help conscerning YaBBC and more if our memories do us no good.

I think it's just a setting, but when I login, I must check the checkbox every time, always logged in. But the 'new' button works again :)

And I see more posts screwed up now, like Acriku's

Acriku's post should look normal again. :)

Problems logging are almost always fixed by removing your old cookies. I'm still looking into the Opera problems, for some reason some people have problems using Opera while others don't...

And features from the old board will be coming back but it might take a week or so to figure out how to code them.

Hey Gobalopper. The time notation of when a post has been posted is nice how you can decide yourselfes how it looks. But that only counts for the 'non-today' posts, I mean. I see the (irritating :P) American time notation for posts, posted 'today'EDIT:Oh, the old moved topics don't show a working link anymore. And it doesn't say it's moved from the outside. Well maybe that's a problem that will 'age', when you now move a topic it is fine (even better :), with that commenting)

Signature font was lowered about bit.

Time is in 24 hour format by default now, what is the non-American way?

If you need to send a message when the site is down the IRC channel would be a good place to go.

I figured I would leave post counts around but if it gets back to people always worrying about them they will most likely go away again.

Report to moderator was removed because it was annoying and I read all the threads anyhow.