Site Updates

Gobalopper

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like absolutely all emoticons in older posts are broken. In fact, the new system doesn't accept any typed smiley codes, not even plain simple ":)", as emoticon; they HAVE to be inserted through the editor functions. As if losing bbcode wasn't bad enough...

One more reason to hate wysiwig editors -_-

Edited by Nyerguds

For editing I made a second group that has unlimited editing which I believe is after 500 or 1000 posts. Anyone below that will have the 1 year limit.

I believe there is a way to do the smiley from text... I will check the settings and get back to you because I'm pretty sure it did work at some point.

It should work now, it looks like it had replace all the regular short way of typing with the longer approach of ":something:". Some of them are still that way but the more common ones should work. Right now I have :):( >:( :D :$ :| :P ;) in their short form.

• 3 weeks later...

Starting to really hate the WYSIWYG editor... I quoted a post and somehow couldn't get my cursor out of the quote part of the post because there were no open lines outside it. Also, it is now impossible to add a new quoted part from another post into your post when editing it; only the Reply function can get quote parts, and the drag-and-drop thing you can do with quotes doesn't work between different instances of the editor.

Who ever thought it was a good idea to get rid of bbcode? :|

Edited by Nyerguds
  • Upvote 1

@Nyerguds, I also like the power of BBCode but it seems like that option is going away more and more with each release of IP.Board. It does a lot of other things well though so I don't really plan on switching. I did just upgrade the forum software to the latest version so perhaps that has fixed some of those bugs you were experiencing.

@X3M, posting has been fairly steady for the last year. Obviously nothing like it was years ago when the Dune games were more active.

Here are the release notes for all the versions between what we have now and what we had before:

• 6 months later...

I've updated the forum software to the latest version. If you're curious this is all the things that have been added/changed/fixed since our last update:

Included: 4.1.19

This release focuses on bug fixes and performance. You should see speed improvements. New features include:

• A new moderator setting to restrict users from ignoring moderators.
  • A new group setting to allow members to lock their own content.
  • A new group setting to hide a group from filters in search.
  • When moving content moderators are now prompted for where you want to be redirected after the action.
  • Activity Streams can be created with condensed view as default.
  • An email is now sent when an account is locked for too many bad login attempts.
  • When editing a member in the AdminCP, it will now show how much of their messenger storage quota is being used.

Included: 4.1.18.2

Fixes the following issues:

• SQL error when adding Commerce package or customer field.
  • SQL error when setting up topic archiving.
  • The ‘show reply’ button in notification popup reloads the page instead of loading content inline.
  • Opting out of security questions may not work.
  • Word filters not applying correctly.
  • Reordering custom profile fields may not work properly.
  • Draft or future blog entries may be included in the sitemap.
  • Rounding issue with half-percentage tax rates in Commerce.

Adds a "More Colors" option to the color dropdown in the editor.

Included: 4.1.18.1

• Fixes upgrade issues in some server configurations (already silently patched).
  • Fixes some AdminCP settings showing the wrong value selected, especially in Spam Service settings/
  • Fixes an error when trying to split a topic.
  • Fixes missing images when setting up Google Authenticator, and an issue which may setup to fail.
  • Fixes broken links on the new Two-Factor Authentication setup page.
  • Fixes missing language string in AdminCP Dashboard warning when site is offline and in image sharer settings.
  • Fixes errors for some communities that have previously converted from other software.
  • Fixes an issue with grid layout on some pages.

Included: 4.1.18

In addition to bug fixes and performance improvements, this release also includes:

• Pinterest share link has been added
  • Converters are now included as a Suite-level application you can download with your package in the Client Area
  • Running a conversion will now skip steps that do not have anything to convert
  • Two Factor Authentication
  • Images embedded in the editor can now have an alternative title set for accessibility
  • Users signing in through social services, such as Facebook, will no longer be required to validate their email address
  • When a location is specified for a Calendar Event, the address will be shown underneath the map. The map itself should also be more accurate now.
  • The Approval Queue page now has a "Hide" button to hide content (rather than only being able to approve / delete)
  • Disabling Profile Photo uploads will now also disable importing from a URL
  • An issue has been fixed where adding tags using other languages may not work properly
  • Cropping Animated GIF's for photos is now supported when ImageMagick is in use
  • Files purchased in Downloads will now have a link back to the file from their purchase page in the Manage Purchases section
  • The Admin CP will now display more information for a user who has been banned
  • imgur embedded is now supported
  • Errors caused by third party applications / plugins will now be clearer
  • Option to report fatal errors automatically to IPS so we can fix common issues

Included: 4.1.17.1

This is a maintenance release to fix minor issues.

Included: 4.1.17

In addition to many small bug fixes, this release includes:

• Accounts flagged as spammers are now more visibly different on the member list in AdminCP
  • Added quite a few new embed providers
    • codepen.io
    • coub.com
    • deviantart.com
    • docs.com
    • funnyordie.com
    • gettyimages.com
    • iFixit.com
    • kickstarter.com
    • meetup.com
    • mixcloud.com
    • mix.office.com
    • on.aol.com
    • reddit.com
    • reverbnation.com
    • screencast.com
    • screenr.com
    • slideshare.net
    • smugmug.com
    • ustream.tv
    • Google Maps (requires free Google API key)
  • Default location for an AdminCP tab honors the admin's ordering
  • Staff notification emails for tickets in Commerce now include the ticket ID
  • Auto-saved content in the editor will now expire after 48 hours
  • If you load an editor that has previous auto-saved content you will now be prompted to keep or remove it
  • You can now set pre-filled reasons for Warning actions that will automatically populate the member notes editor when a moderator warns a user
  • Escape key will now cancel quick-edit on titles
  • Adds a setting to restrict member birthday view to admins only or to completely disable prompting for birthday to member
  • There are now more "save and reload" options in various places to keep your place when editing content or settings
  • New check all box when viewing activity on a member profile for easier moderation
  • You can now hide posts that are unapproved rather than just approve or delete
  • When a moderator changes the status of a report in the ModCP the system now puts a reply in moderator comments noting the change
  • When you see a "could not write file" error the file it was trying to write now shows in the error logs
  • You can now quickly edit tags when viewing an item without having to edit it if you have permission
  • If you are using multiple devices to login to a site you will be less likely to be logged out
  • Tags can now be quickly edited when viewing an item
  • Administrators can now create custom RSS feeds for various content
  • Enhancements to IP discovery tools for moderators
  • Actions for reports in ModCP now show when status is changed as a comment
  • Redesigned support tool
  • More REST API methods
  • Password strength rating and requirement option
  • Guest terms of service alert
  • Minimum age requirement
  • Ban Filters are now Word Filters and can set words to automatically moderate
  • Display name history is now available on profile view
  • Better analytics integration
  • Leaderboard

More release information...

Included: 4.1.16.1

This release resolves intermittent issues submitting a reply or seeing CSRF errors.

Included: 4.1.16

In addition to many small bug fixes, this release includes:

• Large number of bugs fixed in focus areas: Commerce, Pages databases, and IPS Connect
  • Performance improvements in: profile view, sitemap generator, posting replies, and Activity Streams
  • We now try to more reliably detect the AWS S3 endpoint for those using S3 file storage
  • More efficient license key checking to keep the keys from being checked too often which can slow your site down
  • There is now a column in tasks view to show the last time it ran to help diagnostics
  • When a member changes their email or password they now get an email confirmation
  • If group promotion based on date is enable the system will now auto-promote even if a member does not login
  • There is now a setting to change the number of topics per page in the forum view
  • If you move your site to a new URL you no longer have to update a constant if using the image proxy
  • You can now press ctrl/cmd+enter in any editor window to submit the reply
  • In Commerce ticket view there are keyboard shortcuts to perform common actions (such as press 'r' to open reply box or 'n' for note)
  • There is now logic to prevent double-posting when the initial post encounters an error on submit
  • Moderators can now remove all followers from an item
  • Contact Us is now configurable with various options
  • Announcements can now be restricted by member group
  • Admins now have a setting to have members automatically follow content they start or reply to. Members can optionally override this.
  • The editor will now show a message if a link that can be embedded (image, video, etc.) failed to embed for some reason. Admins get more detailed error reasons.
  • If your datastore (cache system) is not working properly the AdminCP will now show you a warning telling you that it needs attention.
  • When a member is banned/suspended the system now shows a more friendly page with information on their ban. Previously it showed a permission denied page.
  • Redesigned ticket listing in Commerce
  • New My History view in Commerce
  • Security Questions for account security

Please view the 4.1.16 announcement for full details and screenshots.

If you see anything broken let me know.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2/26/2019 at 2:45 AM, Gobalopper said:

@D2k Sardaukar the next 5-10 years would depend on if there are ever more Dune games created. :)

Also, since I work for BioWare/EA these days I'm not sure what restrictions there would be on me. Note, I don't work for the part of the company that decides if they should make more Dune games. :D

Let's hope the new movie brings new games then!

I'm sure there must be times where you think of closing this all down, but I'm glad you haven't!

Well even if the site were to close there are so many other free options out there like Discord that the community could survive. And I haven't really thought about closing the site, too busy with other things to think about that. 😂

Has there been any thought to having folks post new dune news to www.dune2k.com? right now it just directs to www.dune2k.com/duniverse and a blank page. I know you're busy these days, but I'm sure some folks would be interested in helping out.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

How do I stop it from emailing me every time someone needs a post approved? Just noticed my secondary email is full of emails from fed2k. I check fed2k more than the email.

I couldn't find email notification options.

I found notification options, but no mention of emails or specifically the approval emails.

https://forum.dune2k.com/notifications/options/

Do not sent notifications. I assume that is email? and not the "in forum" notifications?