Site Updates

Gobalopper

I am planning to upgrade the forum software to a newer version of IP.Board (the new 4.x release) sometime soon.

We currently have two "themes" you can choose from, either Infinite Dark or Animate with Infinite Dark being the default. However, our default theme has not been upgraded for the new version of the forum software and it doesn't look like it will be any time soon.

I have already purchased a new version of Animate (http://www.ipsfocus.com/themes/animate/) and if there isn't a lot of complaints, check out the preview to see it in action, I will likely make that the default version.

If you don't like Animate do you see any other themes on the IPS Focus site you like more? Keep in mind I will keep the default IP.Board theme enabled if you want a brighter theme.

Right now you are using Carbon Blue, right?

I don't see any differences except for that the I-pads and I-phones will be able to access the site in a better designed way.

As long as you don't select something with white backgrounds. Ugh, I soooo dislike white backgrounds.

Will forum users be able to post more than the current Mb?

Right now the default theme is Infinite Dark. But you can also select Animate which is what I am using as I write this. The dropdown to select the theme is in the bottom left of the page.

You're right that the new version is much better for mobile users and responsive design in general. I'm also not a huge fan of white backgrounds but at the very least people will have a choice as the theme that ships with IP.Board is white.

What do you mean by post more Mb? You mean attaching files to posts?

I've just updated the forum to the latest version. Please let me know of any issues you're having.

Also please note if you were previously logging in with your username you will have to start using your email address instead.

Oh, if you don't like this theme please go to http://www.ipsfocus.com/themes/ and let me know if there is another you like more. If enough people want something I'll look into adding it.

9 hours ago, Gobalopper said:

I've just updated the forum to the latest version.

It is interesting. I suppose, I need some time to adopt this. But still it looks not bad.

Is it possible to make signature (I mean constant text under my messages) more little?

Edited by Adriano

Hi!

Please add a black theme without the animation/transparency.  For us on low end hardware it is frying our CPU. And as I rely on my old good CRT a bright theme will fry my eyes too. I vote for carbon or something similar so we can have some more color options.

Thanks for upgrade. Unluckily my ISP is getting crappier and crappier and I cannot estimate if now it is faster or not.

@X3M do you mean you can't post only the link to a YouTube video? If you go into "Source" mode you can have it only include the link and not embed the video.

@Adriano I've edited your signature using that same approach of creating it with "Source" mode on. That lets you edit the HTML directly.

@athanasios the Carbon theme is now available. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, athanasios said:

Please add a black theme without the animation/transparency.  For us on low end hardware it is frying our CPU.

I've also noticed that the animated theme seems to put unduly strain on the CPU, with the fan starting to work faster and a lot louder.

I've found how to remove the animation on the Animate theme as well as how to make the avatars square again.

@X3M the source button is in the top left of the post creation box, right beside the "B" (bold) button.

@Andrew part of it was for security because people won't know your email but they would know your display name so they can't try to brute force your password as easily.

• Upvote 1

Seems edit is locked after a while, for a post.

Ok, the top options that I have for my posts are:
Bold, Italic, Underline, Link, Quote, Code, Emoticon, Insert/Remove Bulleted List, Insert/Remove Numbered List, Align Left, Center, Align Right, Strikethrough, Superscript, Subscript, Text Color, Font Size
And down menu offers:
Drag files here to attach, Notify me of replies, Insert other media, Submit Reply

I have searched in Link, Code and Insert other media.
The source button that you have mentioned, how is it called?

Oh, I found the problem, I can see it because I'm the admin user but I guess regular users can't.

I did find this quote on the IPS website:

Embeds. We recently changed YouTube embeds so they immediately embed. Most seem to prefer this behavior, but some don't. We are going to do something similar to Facebook in that when you paste, it will immediately embed, but provide you with the option of removing the embed and reverting to a simple link -- much like pasting formatted text. 

So it looks like it will let you post straight up links in an upcoming release.

In the meantime I suppose you could create a text link instead.

• Upvote 1