Site Updates

Gobalopper

I am talking to the hosting company about moving our MySQL server to the same data center as the web server. It looks to be the cause of some of the errors we've been having.

Nyerguds can you post an example url inside a [ code ] block so I have an example? Thanks.

About a week or two ago they moved the web server to their new data center and that was when the problems started. Now that the database server has been moved as well it should go back to normal. Hopefully. :)

• Upvote 1

So you're saying you got a notification of a new post before the post was visible?

If the user is new their first post needs to be approved by a moderator before showing up. This is done to prevent spammers.

If the user is new their first post needs to be approved by a moderator before showing up. This is done to prevent spammers.

Are new users aware of this? It could be that some (most) quit after not seeing their own post.

It isn't there in the forum guidelines to warn people. I suggest adding a new FAQ as well to reinforce the new guideline.

* Why can't I see my own posts?

-> If the user is new, their first post needs to be approved by a moderator before showing up. This is done to prevent spammers.

Ok, it happened twice now. Maybe more.

Some one liked my post. But I can't seem to find which one. Of course I know the thread by clicking the link. But it does not say which post. Normally it was visible on the post itself if someone liked it.

Edit:

Well, the link does direct me to the supposedly liked post?

The link always worked.

And still works.

I was talking about these 2:

post-2682-0-12453400-1368357650_thumb.gi

The first arrow shows the actually post.

While the second arrow only directs you to the thread.

You are good in fixing things.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...