Site Updates

Gobalopper

Yep! There was a check mark in that option. I've removed the check mark and now I see that button, but only in the FED2k skin. It's still not there in the IPBoard skin.

Maybe it's because I don't have any private messages yet. Maybe it will show up if I get one.

It's really not that big of a deal to me. I just wanted to check and see if any messages came with the move from the old forum, which they didn't. I think I deleted them all anyway.

I don't expect to be getting many, if any, private messages here.

What's rally strange is that every time I make a post, I can no longer view any posts in any threads. I have to close the browser window and come back to be able to read any more topics.

Any topic I click on just takes me back to the main page of the forum.

It doesn't happen when I edit a post. Only when making a new post.

This is the only forum that happens with, and a couple of other forums I visit are IPBoard.

Any topic I click on just takes me back to the main page of the forum.

I've had that happen before. Usually it has to do with linking to old SMF forum software. When it does that check link to see if smf (I forget exact ending file name) shows up in url bar.

• Upvote 1

If anyone gets that problem can you post the link you clicked on to get it in the first place? It does have something to do with the SMF conversion.

I've turned on the downloads section which has a number of the files we used to have on the website download pages. The plan is to allow certain people to upload files and better manage our listings.

I've also updated the "Underground" theme to a newer version that should fix some bugs that are in the one that the "FED2k" theme uses. If you have the time change your theme using the dropdown in the bottom left and let me know if you have any problems. The colors will be a little off but that will be fixed before I make it the new default.

Lastly there shouldn't be anymore "thanks for posting" page after making a post. I always found that annoying and today noticed it was something you can turn off. Let me know if you really want it back...

I don't see an Underground theme, and the Fed2k theme no longer works for me.

I just made this new post and I was able to come back to this thread without having to leave the forum and come back.

It was this thread that it happened in before, that after making a new post I couldn't view any threads until I closed the forum and came back.

Now it seems to be working OK.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gob, sorry for posting off topic but I need to ask you about something and PM'ing you didn't work. In the past few days you have sent me over 50 PM's asking me to either approve or disapprove some files? I have no idea what to do. They are also showing up in my email inbox. Just PM me what to do and then delete this post.

Thanks,

Voodoo Daddy

I've read somewhere that Javascript causes memory leaks in Firefox, and after a particularly bad slowdown I decided to check if anything gets improved and turned it off. And, with Javascript off, the scrolling lags here that I've complained about earlier seem to have disappeared.

Thanks! In the meantime, I switched to Opera, and the lags are gone :) In fact, it works way faster than Firefox for me :)

[Edit] Hmm, is it my new browser, or does the latest version of the skin have smaller font size on the main page?

I sometimes drop by here while I'm on my lunch break, but since it's a work PC I generally don't sign in. What I saw is in the file attached to this post. It's very... large. And enthusiastic. Not sure if it's intentional, but if most of the people here are like me and only sign in manually every six months or so, it might have been overlooked.

post-464-0-21232000-1310401371_thumb.png

I'm sorry I'm bringing this up again, but is it possible to fix old (pre-upgrade) links to specific posts to make them work? Old links to threads work okay, but links to posts within threads just get you to the main page of the forum.