Site Updates

Gobalopper

Some people really need to... stop being stupid.

Wishful thinking, I know.

Seriously.

I'm thinking of a variation on those "instructions" that go "Open mouth, insert foot." Something along the lines of "Spread cheeks, remove head."

Sheesh. WWJD.

("J" being Jessica, of course.)

Both Roxie Hart and R delivered that joke better.

"With just one more brain, what a halfwit he'd be."

"Ah, the famous 007 wit. Or at least half of it."

Seriously, if you're going to plagurise insults, at least try to make them sound better instead of worse.

Although on a more curious note, is English your first language?

There are more issues with the smf.php thing... if you click an old link on the board, like this one

http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=20456.0

it converts to a link on smf.php and works. But if you then click to go to one of the next pages, it fails again and goes to the board index.

http://forum.dune2k.com/smf.php?/topic/19114-dune-2-dune-ii-editor-with-107-support/page__st__20

At this point, it should give a link to index.php instead:

http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?/topic/19114-dune-2-dune-ii-editor-with-107-support/page__st__20

• 1 month later...

Apparently, the new forum software does not warn the user who is about to post a reply if someone else posted in that thread during the time the user was writing. While I was posting this comment, ErasOmnius posted another comment in the meantime, and I didn't get any warning and only noticed that much later (when posting yet another reply in the same thread). There's a considerable interval of about three minutes between the two posts, so the absence of the warning due to simultaneous posting is ruled out.

Not sure about the warning system but I would imagine it would. If it happens again let me know and I can take a closer look.

I'm still investigating the search/smf bug, it must be something with the conversion.

I've enabled memcached which I'm hoping will help to speed things up. Let me know if you notice any difference.

I've just updated the forum software to a newer version, nothing major just 3.1.2 to 3.1.4. I've also bumped up the memory on our VPS to 500MB so hopefully that helps some with page load speeds. More stuff over the next week or so.

And athanasios why do you need NoScript enabled for this site?

all the non existent ads :P

Finally my problem is fixed. Thanks Andrew, Gob, ErasOmnius. Anyway if you cannot log in you cannot post here! ;-) . But you can request through another member. And please keep an email handy to copy for those who do use an external service, as link provided doesn't help them.

[colour=#005FFF]Ah, after 10,000 years, I'm free! It's time to conquer... wait, no.

Yeah, I was unable to access FED2k for several days. My thanks to those involved in fixing it, and to Dante for making my plight known. To expand on what ath said, the link to "contact the webmaster" just lead to a generic "webmaster@gmail.com" mailto link. There was no way to contact anyone. I tried using the old Dune2k homepage's contact webform, but I don't think it even still works.

Any idea what caused this?[/colour]