Site Updates

Gobalopper

Working on getting old links redirecting properly next.

Yay! Any idea why the forum body is so narrow with the FED2k skin? I don't have this problem with the IPBoard skin (or have you fixed that?/has it been fixed by itself? gotta check that)

[Edit] Nah, it's all the same. And page scrolling still lags noticeably with the FED2k skin.

Edited by MrFlibble

Links to topics and boards from the old SMF boards should work again.

Thanks a lot!!!

What browser are you using? Can you post a screenshot? I also don't notice any lag on my computer.

Mozilla Firefox 3.6.8. I've posted a screenshot above, but here's another one.

The lags seem to have gone, which is also good :)

[Edit] Nope, the lags are still there, albeit less noticeable I think. Must be my old PC, after all (but then again, there are no lags with the IP.Board skin...)

post-1290-073544500 1283838826_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrFlibble

At the forums overview there is a box on the right side "recent topics added". The date of some of the entries there (currently two) is messed up by Skype and converted into a phone number.

Same problem in the topic overview, here's an example of the "General" forum right now attached. This is really annoying.

post-1402-021777600 1283896112_thumb.png

Yeah some posts don't show up because of bad characters. If you edit it you should be able to see the actual post content. I'm still working on a fix.

Ah-hah, that's how it is. I figured out the text was still there, just not displayed, but I thought it was because of the excessive length of the post (I first noticed this issue with a post of mine that contained huge chunks of code).

Have to say, I don't like it. There's too much confusion.

There's way too many icons for a start. No-one uses DIGG and all that noise. Remove them! Leave just Facebook and Reddit if you must have them... Also the site is way too CPU intensive in Firefox. Scrolling makes the browser shudder and scream. Too much CSS funk methinks.

And voting up/down posts...? Really? I mean. Really? Haven't we always just talked up/down posts in the past? Isn't that more human? Are we not PEOPLE?

• Upvote 1

I don't think those buttons really take up all that much space. If you do want a faster load time there are other skins you can choose from.

Things are a bit on hold right now as I've got a bunch of extra work to do in real life that is taking up my free time. Continue to post thoughts though.

I don't think those buttons really take up all that much space. If you do want a faster load time there are other skins you can choose from.

Currently it's only IP.Board or IP.Board Mobile. Any chance other skins will be added? Is it possible to modify the IP.Board skin to make it look like the oldschool FED2k board?

Oops there should also be one called CleanCut but the permissions were wrong, although it's a white background skin like the others.

The idea was to build off of this skin because it was the closest I could find to what we had before. If everyone wants to chip in and get $300 we can get a custom skin made. Otherwise you have to wait for me to have the free time to work on this one. :)