Site Updates

Gobalopper

Someone please tell me you are having problems with this site loading.

I have to click reload many times to get pages to load. Other sites dont seem to have any problems, so I guess it is this site...anyone ?

Level3 has been down earlier today. As you are in the UK and the Dune2k servers are the US I bet you use one or more Level3 fiber lines. ;)

Don't know if that was it although if you don't have problems anymore it could be. :)

Probably, I have had problems for probably just over a day, maybe two... but now it seems fine, I have amade about 2-3 posts, and normally (if you can call it normal after only happening for 2 odd days) it wouldnt even let me open the site up.

Whats this levels you talking about Gryp ? DNS ?

If you highligt smileys, they appear distorted, what, to my point, is the reason why smileys aren't hidden. Anyway, no one will guess the contents of a hidden text just by the smileys alone, right?

BTW, I've never used smileys in hidden parts of my posts. Well, I rarely use smileys at all...

I tried to mark all messages as read on the forum index page but got a "Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again." error message. I then logged out and then back in again but when I tried to repeat the same action, I again got the same "Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again." error message. Help please?

Having some funky icon issues in Unread Posts and (now that I come to try it) posting.  Several icons (notably the "NEW" icon) have yellow outlines, the shading is different for some threads, and the old thread-type indicators seem to have come back.  Also, each and every smiley I can select while posting this thread is surrounded by a thick, yellow square border.

Upgrades for the win. :D

I tried to mark all messages as read on the forum index page but got a "Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again." error message. I then logged out and then back in again but when I tried to repeat the same action, I again got the same "Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again." error message. Help please?

Fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

When using the advanced search page, and I try to search by a user, I get:

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

Was trying to find a specific thread I posted in so I could get information for google earth.

(the one where I started a thread with church structures or something)

EDIT: after 15 min of googling, I found the location of the Basilica.

Size doesn't work...

Heh fixed ;p But maybe the FAQ should be corrected.

Although... getting to work would be better as past posts have used it.

btw...

70,000 posts in the General Forum! Thats gotta be worth celebrating... :O

I brought up the issue of size, but didnt work it out for myself :P

Needs a px after the 12 (size=12px). Glad to see I am not the only one who got that wrong.  ;)