Site Updates

Gobalopper

Conserve bandwidth, space doesn't really matter as the site is already more then 1GB. And they are old enough now that its unlikely there will be a ton of people downloading them.

Is that including archived files that people have posted over the years? What is it without the archived files? (as in the size of the website that is online now) Larger, smaller? aprox is ok. 8)

Right now its 1.8GB but not all files are available for download as some are linked to Westwood instead of our server. I have them here in case WW decides to shutdown their ftp server someday.

As for breakdowns I've posted that before but I don't remember where, probably in this thread or the last updates thread.

Actually here is a better breakdown:

192M dune2k/images (images)

1.1G dune2k/downloads (downloads)

9.5M dune2k/site_html (html)

15M dune2k/public_html (forum code, other misc html)

The rest of the files are logs or other misc files that aren't really part of the site.

Anyone noticed that this thread in now the biggest in views?

And we have another 600 posts to go to beat the "Lockup Issues! Post here" thread qua posts.

Come on Gob, create more breakdowns, and the rest should complain more and more on how bad this site is designed :P

Not really, although I know it was covered before in one of the site updates thread. (doubt anyone really wants to go through them for the answer.) So hopefully someone can post the answer. :)

similiar to a guest posting a message.

I think they just get an error when clicking on a link that they dont have access to. (and it shows up on the whos online page as what they were trying to do)