Site Updates

Gobalopper

I did. I'm using Hex colour right now. And have been for some time. But for some reason it comes up without any colour at all and all of my old posts which were coloured have lost it. Yet the blue in my sig stays, when the green went.

Edric's green and Earthnuker's orange stay so why my purple and green?

I've got Hex on this post right now, quote me and find out. But it isn't working...

Help?

Well i wasn't going to say bye, but i figured what the hell. I don't really feel like making a whole new topic on it though so i'll put it here. not really a 'site update' but oh well. I'm finally leaving fed2k, so now you people won't have to wade through my pointless posts that make no sense at all. I'd also like to apologize to anyone i pissed off over the time i stayed here, as well as anyone i inconvinienced with what might be considered, 'spam.' Anyways i just wanted to say laters to every. so...Bye.

sorry to hear you go rogue, hope you visit or at least dont forget about Dune. Good idea posting it hear(except if lots of people post about it) as most people at some time visit here, and it is good to hear you say you are leaving and not just leave without saying as threads would pop up and will be about where he go/remember him?(has happened several times, nothing wrong with that)

This may have been pointed out before, but what would the point of in the instant message / preference

"Or enter * to ignore all messages." does that mean you would see no messages? thus you would only see the title of threads and other site info but not messages/replies/posts?

Originally the ignore feature was just for IMs so you would just be blocking all IMs.

So the feature * is just for IM? and the user name is for posts/replies/(possible IM)? or is the * include the username for IM also. ah well me just wondering no worry.

In the rules it states:

Do not bump old messages, your post will just be deleted.

Should the word "messages" be replaced with "threads"?

As I do not see how you exactly bump messages without quoting or replying with the same words.

EDIT- nevermind the above, maybe just explain a bit about bumping messages, me understand it better now.(already a rule for bumping threads)

Also in the FAQ maybe you should be a couple links to the history of the site and other information.

Oh and dunenewt the fhdune-harkonnen.jpg avatar looks very good.

Also on the main page for the poll I noticed there are no numbers next to each choice, all it says is the total # of votes. If there we numbers it would help understand who is "winning"

Hey Earth I used to get that a lot but then I ran windows update and it downloaded some stuff for E browser and I havent gotten the error in a while. I hadnt done an update in a while due to my cable modem not working and forgot to update when I got it fixed. I coulndt visit the ladders or anything from the Emperor Tourny section at westwood. It would load and then go to the blank cannot find page thingy. I knew it was lying cause I just saw it load... it would load and then go blank, boy I was getting hot. But since I ran update I havent had the problems anymore *knock on wood* ;D

Maybe in the emperor board you should create a thread that links to other threads that are asked every once in a while. so there are no new threads about whos the best/what house etc, and people could reply to those threads. I know I dont like looking through the multiple pages to find something and I don't really like the "search" feature as it seems to not find what I am looking for sometimes.

Also same goes for most boards. Keeps people more informed.

Maybe in the emperor board you should create a thread that links to other threads that are asked every once in a while. so there are no new threads about whos the best/what house etc, and people could reply to those threads. I know I dont like looking through the multiple pages to find something and I don't really like the "search" feature as it seems to not find what I am looking for sometimes.

Also same goes for most boards. Keeps people more informed.

You mean something like this?