Redux 2 is now available for download

neonext

Just wanna let ya know, it works a LOT smoother now on my laptop! :D

Good! :)

I'm very glad the update is working.

I got beaten though :(

Unless I'm Atriedes and I go straight for sonic tanks, I still lose a lot.

The thing that's great about losing to this AI is that it doesn't cheat! (except for knowing where everything is)

(except for knowing where everything is)

That's a pain when you play against the computer ;D

It bump into my base with large amounts of cheap trikes and quads pretty early, but I go straight for heavy factory and some siege tanks before I build sonic tanks. Works pretty well :)

• 1 month later...

i'm sure everyone has assumed by now that the Redux project is dead.

your suspicions are not unfounded, much like what happened to the original Redux, it's over.

i have absolutely no regrets for creating Redux, as i learned a huge amount from both projects but especially the second one.

2 major factors contributed to my decision to call it quits:

1) the fact that there are other clones, such as Legacy, which pretty much eliminates the need. if there were no other advanced clones, i would have wanted to finish it much more.

2) my dedication and programming skills would be better put to use in a project that will someday result in $'s for me :)

i have left Redux to begin production on my first commercial game. i can't give any details about it now, except that although it isn't dune based, it will be a nice stage for a dune mod.

thanks for all the support while i was here, and good luck to the other clone creators, as well as all dune modding and editing peeps

Too bad, i always like fellow 'clones' ;)

Anyhow, i know what you mean concerning Dune Legacy. Therefor i want to make my project more open by introducing MODing and the source code. Eventually i hope to get some real good rts's out of it. Like a future C&C like game? Or perhaps creating a cool Dune 2000 like clone, just for fun.

Programming RTS games is fun, it learns a big deal and i like contributing to the Allegro community. Also the dedication to Dune II lets me continue my project. Actually i am working on 2 projects now (maybe even 3).

1. The 'engine'

2. The 'mod' Dune II - The Maker

3. The 'mod' Arrakis (yeap :D)

Personally i think even when the game is finished i think it can compete with Dune Legacy. There are always '2 the same' programs where some people like one engine and some the other. However, instead of competing i would like to cooperate and share as much information and data so we create a nice 'feeling', instead of getting 2 groups , we should have 1 big community ;)

i'm sure everyone has assumed by now that the Redux project is dead.

your suspicions are not unfounded, much like what happened to the original Redux, it's over.

i have absolutely no regrets for creating Redux, as i learned a huge amount from both projects but especially the second one.

2 major factors contributed to my decision to call it quits:

1) the fact that there are other clones, such as Legacy, which pretty much eliminates the need. if there were no other advanced clones, i would have wanted to finish it much more.

2) my dedication and programming skills would be better put to use in a project that will someday result in $'s for me :)

i have left Redux to begin production on my first commercial game. i can't give any details about it now, except that although it isn't dune based, it will be a nice stage for a dune mod.

thanks for all the support while i was here, and good luck to the other clone creators, as well as all dune modding and editing peeps

Eh.....You'll still be around won't ye?

• 3 weeks later...