Iraq Issues

The government is supposed to serve the will of the people right?

Am I to take it, that the general consensus among the American populace is that no American cares about what happens to humans so long as they are not American?

If that IS the case, then one must wander why anyone would care so much about their interests so as to make it their ''duty''.

Obviously it probably isn't though.

Therefore, shouldn't THAT interest/will ALSO be taken into account, and shouldn't the record of carrying out that will also be considered?.

You may believe that most people care more about themselves, but that doesn't mean that they don't care about others AT ALL.

Of course, maybe the US government's actions have best served the will and interests of their people over all. I just think that it should be remembered that it is not neccessarily so that the people's will and interests only concern their own well-being.

The government is supposed to serve the will of the people right?

Yeah that is the basis of the social contract.

Am I to take it, that the general consensus among the American populace is that no American cares about what happens to humans so long as they are not American?

If that IS the case, then one must wander why anyone would care so much about their interests so as to make it their ''duty''.

Obviously it probably isn't though.

Therefore, shouldn't THAT interest/will ALSO be taken into account, and shouldn't the record of carrying out that will also be considered?.

You may believe that most people care more about themselves, but that doesn't mean that they don't care about others AT ALL.

Of course, maybe the US government's actions have best served the will and interests of their people over all. I just think that it should be remembered that it is not neccessarily so that the people's will and interests only concern their own well-being.

Well the image of the country is also an interest of the country and so if the country wants to project humanitarian image it will act according to that, however as Russians say your own shirt is closer to your body.

• 2 weeks later...

Women hit by stones at rally against law critics say legalizes marital rape

A group of some 1,000 Afghans swarmed a demonstration of 300 women protesting against a new conservative marriage law on Wednesday. The women were pelted with small stones as police struggled to keep the two groups apart.

What those women are doing is the only way to change the law. Sit back and expect someone else to do the work, and it never gets done.

Women wanting to vote were harassed, black people were harassed for wanting equal rights, gays are currently still being harassed (since it's not legal yet). Now the women in Afghanistan are doing something about it instead of being subservient to the men.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

More women than men dismissed from military for being gay

That leaves several possibilities.

More women are openly gay then men. Doubtful since I presume men outnumber women by a large amount.

Women are smart and when they want out of military they simply pretend to be gay. After they get raped while in Iraq and no one listens to them, they pretend to be gay to get sent home. :(

• 1 month later...

A friend sent me this today. It's a rather tuneful criticism of... well, I'll let you figure it out. Whether you agree with it or not, it's delightfully cynical.

Be aware though that there's some swearing, especially in the first few lines, so don't play it in front of elderly relatives. Unless they like that kind of thing.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Remember a week or two ago when wikileaks said it has something big about US government about to release?

and then gov officials started spying on him?

The item released today is of US soldiers killing civilians in Iraq.

WikiLeaks posts video of 'US military killings' in Iraq

http://collateralmurder.com/

for video

EDIT:

After initial shooting it gets even more interesting... so don't stop watching.

It's on front page of cnn.com and msnbc

• 5 months later...

Battle Raises Questions On Iraq Security Readiness

Hundreds of Iraqi soldiers, 50 US troops, all the firepower needed (air support), and the 4-5 insurgents escaped a battle.

Oh, and they dropped 2 500 pound bombs. So cost of battle for iraqi soldiers/america hundreds of thousands? Just for 4-5 insurgents that were able to get away.

Iraqi soldiers were sent into the grove, in single file, each headed by an officer, Molinari says. The insurgent snipers would simply take aim at the officer who was leading each column.

It was a matter of, as soon as the officers went down, the [iraqi soldiers] went to ground. They didn't know what to do next," Molinari says.

The Iraqi soldiers fled from the palm grove and requested American firepower, Molinari says. So the Americans employed bombs, mortars, grenades and special forces. But the enemy only hid in drainage ditches, waited, then came out again, shooting.

LOL. 4-5 insurgents beat back hundreds of iraqi soldiers backed by us military. sigh.

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect that every member of these forums has enough gray matter to agree with that.

BTW: I also suspect that the same rule applies to the numbers of civilians that lost their lives in the recent 'terrorist' war in Sri Lanka.

And the most important conclusion is that nobody is brought to justice for all those crimes against humanity.

Remember when US administration said they don't torture or treat prisoners bad? They did.

Bush said usa did not count civilian deaths. He lied.

Leaked documents show >100,000 civilian deaths between 2004 and 2009.

U.S. ignored reports of Iraqi abuse: documents

Don't believe anything that government says

That's why I won't stand for the Anthem, won't take the 'Pledge of Allegiance'. None of it. But before you blame everything on Bush and Cheney; it was a Democrat controlled Senate that passed the War Resolution in 2003.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...