Iraq Issues

Mahdi, you are exactly right. Couldn't agree with you more. If anyone has any remaining questions about what an Army is, or what it does, please read the following quote:

"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. You won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. Men, all this stuff you've heard about America not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. Americans traditionally love to fight. All real Americans, love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big league ball players, the toughest boxers ... Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in Hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost and will never lose a war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans. Now, an army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The biggest bastards who wrote that stuff about individuality for the Saturday Evening Post, don't know anything more about real battle than they do about fornicating. Now we have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit, and the best men in the world. You know ... My God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're going up against. My God, I do. We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun bastards by the bushel. Now some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you'll all do your duty. The Nazis are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood, shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo, that a moment before was your best friends face, you'll know what to do. Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We're not holding anything, we'll let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly, and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose, and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time, and we're going to go through him like crap through a goose. Now, there's one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home, and you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you, What did you do in the great World War Two? You won't have to say, Well, I shoveled shit in Louisiana. Alright now, you sons of bitches, you know how I feel. I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle anytime, anywhere. That's all."

-George S. Patton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

25% of American deaths were last month.

120?  We had an average of 200 per month in Vietnam...and things don't seem to be settling.  (Yes I am a weirdo that listens to Talk Radio on the way to university.)

American faces the same enemy that it fought in Vietnam, an enemy who refuses to play by the rules (if there is such a thing when it comes to war) and will die for his beliefs come heaven or hell. Iraq and Vietnam have been compared for the simple fact they are simular wars indeed both are wars of political choice.

A US civilian missing for some time now has been found at an overpass in Baghdad.  A website affiliated with Al Quaeda has the video of him being beheaded in an act of revenge for the prisoner abuse scandals.  The militants had this to say:

For the mothers and wives of American soldiers, we tell you that we offered the U.S. administration to exchange this hostage for some of the detainees in Abu Ghraib and they refused.

So we tell you that the dignity of the Muslim men and women in Abu Ghraib and others is not redeemed except by blood and souls. You will not receive anything from us but coffins after coffins, slaughtered in this way.

• 10 months later...

http://www.rationalenquirer.org/comment/

Is This What "Liberation" Looks Like?

Chanting "Death to America" and burning effigies of President Bush and Saddam Hussein, tens of thousands of Iraqis flooded central Baghdad yesterday in what police called the largest anti-American protest since the fall of Baghdad, the capital, exactly two years ago.

liberation01.jpg

liberation03.jpg

I guess it is good that the coalition take over Iraq. At least now Iraqis can protest against their oppressors.

I heard that they flew in some CIA guy to be in the square when the statue was taken down of Saddam in 2003. Like it was being set up or something.

Here is what I am talking about:

http://www.angelfire.com/co/COMMONSENSE/photo_op.html

I guess it is good that the coalition take over Iraq. At least now Iraqis can protest against their oppressors.

I said that. :)

Democracy is working. They still hate America, but at least they can protest it err... they could always protest against america. Nothing different except they've added more people to the list including Saddam. ;)

Still havn't heard anyone say "Burn in hell Canada" or make any threats to us. :) Were like the care bears. lol, don't know where that came from. :D

And I doubt Saddam would have killed people for protesting against America. I'm pretty sure he would want that to happen.

Actually Andrew that could be heard last Sunday at my workplace when the Canadian tourbus pulled up...but anyhow, yeah things seem to be getting better slowly.  I'm only cautiously optimistic until I see attacks drop almost fully and US troops withdrawn.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmm, should I make links to information about Iraqis and Americans getting killed? No point, as it happens everyday. The population has been desensitized.

But I will link to this:

Iraqi insurgency could last 12 years, Rumsfeld warns

LOL.

U.S. has met with Iraqi insurgents: Rumsfeld

I thought it wasn't American policy to negotiate with terrorists? Shows how desperate they are.

And if either side sets up an ambush at one of these meetings I will be very disappointed.

Good to see them talking, although I'm not sure what it will accomplish.

Sad to see that the media has ignored the downing street memo for the most part.

• 1 month later...