Iraq Issues

http://216.26.163.62/2003/me_iraq_01_27.html

"Indeed, the anti-inspectors vastly outnumber the couple of hundred of UN personnel on the ground in Iraq," Wolfowitz said. "We have reports and other evidence of prohibited material and documents being relocated to agricultural areas and private homes or hidden beneath mosques and hospitals. Furthermore, according to these reports, the material is moved constantly, making it difficult to trace or find without absolutely fresh intelligence. It is a shell game played on a grand scale with deadly serious weapons."

Looks like Iraq isn't being as helpful at revealing their weapons as they say.

What is your view of the war Gob?

If Saddam doesn't prove he is has removed/destroyed all his weapons war is the only option.

Same thing. but unfortently, we can't get are aillys(or so called aillys) to help with nothing short of a Gas Canister. >:(

I tottely agree with you.

Goes to show what you know may not be true. I've been told countless of times that we had no one backing us up (and uk pending). Good info.

I heard on the news Japan backed us up. but they can't really do anything since we don't let them have a Military. :-

Goes to show what you know may not be true. I've been told countless of times that we had no one backing us up (and uk pending). Good info.
I'm not surpised your media does that...I've already seen a couple American specials to the effect of "Why do other countries hate us so much?"

Guess presenting the truth doesn't really matter if it won't get people to watch.

The 8 countries backing the US up did it behind the back of the other EU countries, wich I don't think is very good thing in a Union where you are suposed to work together, this is why I believe we should have a president in the EU.

Our Premier keeps saying that we would need the UN mandate, before we would join in any war, however even with a UN mandate half of the Danish people is against a war.

France and Germany are trying to take over EU! Typical isolationistic, but still power-lusting "old Europe", how Rumsfeld said! EU is a confederation, civilian state. Armies are independent, under unite NATO command. Anyway, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic aren't members of EU. When there is a possibility of danger from Iraq, it must be stopped when he have the power. How our premier yesterday said: "In last century were democratic countries also silent and tolerant to militaristic dictator. 50 million people lost their lives because of it."

I agree Caid, if there's no other way we would have to go to war, however we are in a union, some countries like Belgium and Sweden never had the posibility to sign the letter, I don't want to see a divided Europe like we had under the cold war, with some countries being good pals with the US and others who aren't, that would be a major setback.

What I fear though is how this war will be looked at in the Arab world.

Looks as though Britain, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic agree with the US even if France, Greece, and Germany don't.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,482-559907,00.html

Canada's stance:

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2003/01/30/chretien030130

ya, who cares about france and germany. France is owed 1 billion dollars by Sadaam anyway. They have a financial interest in not taking out Hussein. You really think they want to lose 1 billion bucks? Ha! Think again. To them, this is all about $$$

ya, who cares about france and germany. France is owed 1 billion dollars by Sadaam anyway. They have a financial interest in not taking out Hussein. You really think they want to lose 1 billion bucks? Ha! Think again. To them, this is all about $$$

Oh brother ::)

Wich country was it again that has one of the largest weapons industries in the world, and would thus enomomicly benefit from a war? Hmm, I think that was the US.[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

Long live Germany and France, and all supporters of world peace!

The EU should finally put its foot down. It's about time we stop acting like the USA's humble subjects! EU member nations should resign from NATO and place the foundations of a European military alliance.