Gaming etique???

zilents

I would like to know all of u guys OPINION and ANSWER bout E:BFD gaming etique

Question:

1. If u know ur losing and u think there are no chance to make a come back.. could u just quit?

2. Harvester as distraction... what bout that?

3. Its a 4 players game - 2 vs 2, someone did not allied.. shall the leftover allied and kill the guy so badly! works too for a guy that didnt understand english... lol!!!

My Answer:

1. I rarely did that!

2. sometimes...

3. ALWAYS!

My Opinion:

1. Not good. .since the fun of playing this game is on killing.. and the winners earn it... so everyone please dont do that!

2. IMHO Not good either.. tho its legal and not cheating.. got no special op for this one!

3. its fun!

z!l ;D

1. I never to that. I play for fun. It's fun to see the last troops die in a hopeless attempt to rescue your base >:D

2. Never thought of it.

3. It happened never to me. But I sure want to punish people who don't ally

Question:

1. If u know ur losing and u think there are no chance to make a come back.. could u just quit?

3. Its a 4 players game - 2 vs 2, someone did not allied.. shall the leftover allied and kill the guy so badly! works too for a guy that didnt understand english... lol!!!

1. I only do that if i feel that my opponent wasn't playing fair. isn't that right zil? ::)

2. And here is why i quit :P lol, now i'm getting the feeling you made this because of that match. ;)

3. tell the person to HIT TAB a few times. if he doesn't respond, every should quit and restart. people who don't ally are lamers.

Question:

ANSWER:

1. If you're in a battle clan or quick match, then you might as well, since they're going to get the points anyway. However it's nice to let them kill you if it's just a skirmish game.

2. That's perfectly fine. A good strategy IMO.

3. Not worth the time. I'd just quit.

OPINION:

1. Letting your opponent reap the rewards of a well played game is always good courtesy in my opinion. Quitting in a battle clan game or quick match would be no problem, as they reap the rewards of their victory (the points they get) anyway. Skirmish, however should allow them to go ahead and destroy what's left of their opponent, as a reward for better play.

2. Using harvesters as distractions is fine, it's not cheating, and harvesters are a part of the game. Who says you HAVE to use them JUST for harvesting spice anyway? ;)

3. If I wanted to play a serious game to get better, then the person that did not ally would be wasting my time, as well as the time of the other 2 players in the game. To put it simply, it's not worth the time to kill them, that's why I'd quit.

wow ixian. you find that fair game? i see using the harvester as a shield almost as dispicable as using the air drone bug. it's impossible to get around aside from directly attack individual units which in most cases will get you killed in the end. for example

a little while ago me and 'someone' were playing zilents i and i think it was megashrap. i'm not sure. anyway it was broken plain and me and him were right next to eachother on the bottom left. by the spice, you know. and we both moved out to capture it. i was hark and he was ordos. it was kinda even but then he stuck a harv in the middle of the little skirmish that was going on and my units starting attacking it. and he picked off my units while they hopelessly attacked the ultra thick armor of the harv. now remember, this was early in the game so the unit with the biggest firepower i even had yet was a bunch of troopers, needless to say all my units died and his harv didnt' even blow up. i just quit after that. and THAT was the game i was talking about. the reason zil made this post. now i don't really mind much because it was zil, and it was all he could do to beat me ( :P) but i look down on it otherwise.

Perhaps you may change your opinion (if only just a little) if you won using that tactic? If the enemy uses their harvester as a shield/distraction, then it is up to you to micromanage your troops to compensate for the harvester.

What about this scenario?

A bunch of Chemical Troopers enters your base and catches you off guard. You have nothing but a refinery and a harvester, which is currently unloading spice. The Chemical Troopers start spraying the refinery, and begin destroying it. Would you use your harvester to run them down? Or would you try to build a turret (or a Barracks and then a turret, if you don't have a Barracks due to building a refinery first in the early stages of the game) and kill them with that? Harvesters can have more uses than simply harvesting spice. I think what I'm trying to say here is that, "You don't HAVE to use units for what they were designed for originally". If you can't see into an enemy base due to superior ramp coverage, fly lots of aircraft over it and force your way in (if you can afford the losses). Use Air Drones and Advanced Carryalls to scout. Use Scouts as distractions, use scouts to get mortar infantry to kill themselves, etc etc. If these tactics are fair game, then what's wrong with using harvesters in a similar manner? Do you look down on these tactics as well? ???

i'll tell you right now. i don't use my harvester as a weapon. however, if my harv starts moving along and a guy is in its way i'm not gonna deliberately move him outta the way to avoid the guy. and using scouts or other htings like you said is completely fair game, but the harv is a BYSTANDING unit. using it to take damage it lame. if you wanted to do that then every would build like 7 harvesters with their main force so that they'd have something to take teh damage. then you'd have things like 9 kobras, 8 laser tanks, 5 fremen warriors, and 5 harvesters going against something like 10 minos, 6 mongeese, 10 Imperial Sardukar and the one that was ordos would probably win no matter what. the atreides would have the unit advantage but the ordos could move up the harveys and try to run down the sards and use the harvs to take the fire from the minos and mongeese while he moves his kobras in and while hs takes out the mongeese with laser tanks. it just doesn't reflect a persons skill and any move in my mind that doesn't reflect skill is lame. well, i'm sure you're gonna use to throw it back at me in some way so i'll just say MOST moves...

you find that fair game?

Off course is using a harv as "decoy" or "bulldozer" fair game, all players can use this advantage. When some1 uses the harv as shield, just select your units and change the targets...

but you don't understand. when you do that you're already as good as dead. i COULD use my units to set individual targets but he's be pickin off my stuff because he'd be attacking multiple things. and then i'd probably be too busy selecting stuff to realize that i'm running out of trooper reinforcements or saws or something.

Harvs, or any other unit you have can be a weapon. Nothing wrong with squishing infantry or using harvs for cover. In Brennq's strat, he talks about using harvs as a distraction or a shield. Whatever works--aside from the infamous air drone bug, that is.

If u need to get rid of some gaz trying to kill your buildings then i would say u can use harv. and for sometimes in the field also. I for one know zilents makes excessive use of his harvesters as a distraction, especially in early game when you dont have heavy units yet. Result: You lose everything you have, therefor the game. Just because of that one harvester. Many ppl do this, I even had Harkdawg using this on me, making me lose all my units, and I wasn't able to get back on my feet ever after that, so I lost the game. I never used harvesters for those purpesses before, and even now I just use them only for some occasions.

And as for Zilents, you lost the tournament match cos of a harv used as a distraction? That must have sucked bigtime didnt it. All I can say is you got what you deserved. :P

Posted by: Doomp0w3r Posted on: Today at 06:52:17

And as for Zilents, you lost the tournament match cos of a harv used as a distraction? That must have sucked bigtime didnt it. All I can say is you got what you deserved.

>>>>>>>>>

lol.. I dunno where did u get that impression.. everytime I played with u.. u always said.. "Put your harvys back where it belong" .. lol.. hehehe .. I'm not sure how many times we've played togerther doom. but as I remmember.. I only played u once with the harvys thing.. and thats it. and u judge me that fast... if anyone played me tons of time.. they'll know that what I do to win a game!

About my lost in tourny I didnt regret it.. in fact.. I learn things!

well you've done it to me too ::) :P

the fact is that although people might consider it a strategy, it's not. it's the kind of thing that a newbie realizes and uses. then an elite player sees it and starts using it. then people see it from the elite player and then everyone's using it. i just find it very unfair and i feel it ruins games. just IMHO. i know some of you feel it's a viable strat and it should be looked upon as the same as any other but i feel it's rude.

and zil, the sig looks great ^-^