Tactics for Ordos Missions 6,7

Boba Fett

I'm new to the game and would reeeaaally appreciate tactics for the 6th and 7th missions in Ordos. Fact is, I managed to reach the 6th mission in around 3 hrs 8), but then got stuck. I've reached the part where I recieve Ixian transports. What do I do then? I know I gotta blow up atr & hark but there isn't any land near by to build on. I found 2-3 large expanses but they dont seem to have any entry points. :-. Can anybody tell me where I can find myself a large UNOCCUPIED expanse of land to build on?

you shouldn't need any xtra space! they give you this huge space to build on. if you need more firepower just wait for more transports. they keep sending more. if i were you i would take out the harks first. if you want more land then take out the harks and use that.

BUT IF YOU DO USE ENGINEERS TO CAPTURE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!!

The transports will arive when the timer is over.

You have not much build space. So build only the things you really need. I guess you have chosen that version of this mission. (You could choose from 2 right?)

Put around 5-6 combat tanks and 2 siege tanks near your Starport. You can order those units.

And build turrets around your base. They will attack both your base and StarPort

Yeah, turrets are critical in that mission. But as the transports arrive you should periodically order tanks to augment them, but you can leave them to mass for a while, and just focus on defending your midget base. Each side of the lands entrance should have three turrets to defend it.

The total time taken is T minus 7 which I think makes something like two to three and a half minutes. By the way, you should build up a reasonable defence force (mostly combat tanks) in the half hour before the transports arrive, and then incorporate the advanced tanks like deviators into that force and send it to attack. That way, you don't need to wait for the shipment to arrive every time before attacking.

Here's another tip Boba: if your units are too stretched out trying to defend both the starport and your own base at the same time (they're usually seperate, aren't they?) build another starport within your base. When you build it, sell the faraway starport amd get the units back to reinforce your own base.

I know this uses up a lot of precious base space, but usually its worth it, you don't need too many units and turrets for defence.

Thanx for the help, everyone. I managed to reach rge 8th mission. Wouldn't mind help for this one too. God, deviators are uselless. I Have no idea as to what compelled me to join the Ordos. Whats the use of converting units just to have them convert back when u aren't looking. Converted units can be used for half a minuts, then I blow em up.

Naa, I treid that but half way through the converted units turned against me and wreacked havoc. I decided to leave that trick for a long time. All I can do now is keep turrets, seiges and combats for defence. (Missile tanks take too long to come from the starport and the stock finishes fast too.)