Leaving Las Vegas

Gobalopper

Well if you didn't see this coming you don't know EA very well. It looks as though EA will be closing up Westwood's Las Vegas operations and moving most employees, about 50 jobs will be cut, to a Los Angeles "super studio" along with the other EA studios that are closing. Here is a news story from GameSpyDaily giving providing more details:

Brown acknowledged that the company informed members of the Las Vegas, Nevada studio that they would either be transplanted (which are dependant on individuals accepting offers to move) to other studios or would be given severance packages. Brown said that the number of layoffs is fluid at this point and may not be entirely accurate. The exact number of employees moving onto other EA development studios or being let go has not been sorted out at this time. For some, Friday will be the last day of work as an employee of Electronic Arts, while many others moving forward with EA will stay on until March 31 when the studio is officially closed for good.

It was great knowing you Westwood. Rot in hell EA. ;)

No. Delphi is staying on, I believe, working on their next project.

The Command and Conquer games will keep coming, WOL will still work...nothing's cahanging. They're just consolidating. Companies do it all the time. It would be like the four or five internet services all owned by AOL just changed to "AOL". Nothing would change. Just a new name.

I don't know if Delphi is staying on, I have heard that VTed, Meatball, and a few others are going to either EALA or other EA studios but nothing about Delphi. I think EA is trying to find placement for as many as they can but a large portion of the layoffs will be coming from WW. No one from EAP is being cut from what I've heard.