I can't play online!

:( I had to make my account online instead of through the game because it never works. I'm always told "timed out" or this page cannot be displayed. A problem might be that in multiplayer info it says server and it's blank. If it needs to be filled in I don't know how to do it. I've asked westwood and all they do is send auto-responses and can't fix it.

Have you tried to play other games online ? If so, did they work ? I've noticed you have several devices to connect to the internet, can you explain me which you use to connect to the internet ?

Also, do you use any firewall program ? And once you've created an account via the internet, are you able to play EBFD online ?

I've tried to play Red alert 2 online, I got pretty much the same problem. I use the modem to connect (AOL). I don't have a firewall thing.  I guess making the acount through the internet will work, but because I can't create it through the game I don't know if anything is different.