Hi, i'm having a lot of trouble with IE6, it keeps getting worse.

1) How do you make the bar at the bottom showing process reappear? It went away, can't get it back.

2) How do you repair IE, I can't uninstall it, and when I try to reinstall it, it says, you have a newer version already installed, setup can not continue. So, I can't repair it.

3) Does anyone know a site that you can download commen .dll's?

Also, why the hell doesn't XP have a repiar function like most programs?

It should be able to scan, repair, and replace lost or broken dlls and stuff, anyone know how?

lol, to you XP people out there!, I got the purple screen of death!!, thats supposed to be like impossible. I showed it good.

Well, heres a story.

When I was first installing XP, anyone know the ncikname for NTSC tvs? Never Twice the same Colour?, Well, I had that with XP, exept, never twice the same error, I even got one saying drive C was corrupt and could not be fixed, but then, one error, suggested copying the setup files to the HD and installing from there. Worked like I charm, even took an hour of installation.

Well, I reinstalled XP, as I got another purple screen of death, and it only took about an hour, and had all my old settings intact.

So now, it's just my problem with IE.

You also gave the answer yourself in "must have utils". The Opera Web Browser ;D

You can't uninstall IE in XP [ and IE 5 in 2000 ] because it's totally intergrated in Windows itself. Something to do with that lawsuit going on against Microsoft I recon. ;)

And besides that, Service packs and IE versions sometimes come together, don't they ?

When you upgrade from let's say IE 5 to 6 you also install a service pack for Windows ?

[ probbebly also related to the version of Windows you use ]

OKay, I reinstalled IE. But I have the following issues.

1) It doesn't show the progrss bar at the bottom.

2) When I open links like nemas KHSmug.tga in dune editing, it asks me about downloading it, open, save, you know the sort, instead of opening it in a new window.

I know these are in the options, but I can't find them, any ideas?

I hate Microsoft.

Actually, most people agree that hte newest netscape isn't as good as IE, NS6 had a problem of filling up your memory, and not clearing it out until you restarted your computer.

But

Opera is better then Netscape, and, better in many ways then IE.

Not sure why gob?

But, I trust you enough to take your word for it.

Okay, tomorrow I do get the CD-RW

But, I reinstalled XP, found some weird options, worked around with MSConfig in safe mode, and look, im on the internet, normally, every 6 mins, literally, XP would crash.

Unless Opera still works.

Both my other browsers, IE and Mo come up with this error whenever I try to go anywhere, how can I fix it?

Network Error

Unable to request URL from host www.dune2k.com:80: Connection refused

It happened when I installed EDonkey, but, I uninstalled that, and it still happens.