Butlerian Jihad, Outlandish?

TMA_1

The worst thing about BJ I don't like is the writing style... specifically, of Kevin J. Anderson. I remember in Creative Writing classes, even English classes, they said don't say,

"It was a beautiful forest"

say

"The dark green forest of evergreens glistened in the dew of the morning. The smell of pine was strong in the air"

okay, so I know that's cheesy, but you get my point. Keving J. Anderson doesn't "describe" a lot. He just says things and it's bad writing. Especially in the relationships with Butler / Vor Atreides / Harkonen guy... Frank Herbert described relationships through dialog, Kevin J. just says what it happening and doesn't describe anything.

could I write a novel as good as them? probably not, but I can read novels better than theirs.

That is what I dislike about the prequels nothing for you to be inspired about to envision the characters, events and places they are writing about just average sci-fic writing. They have not put a signature on it like F. Herbert did with the original series.

"The worst thing about BJ I don't like is the writing style... specifically, of Kevin J. Anderson. I remember in Creative Writing classes, even English classes, they said don't say,

say

"The dark green forest of evergreens glistened in the dew of the morning. The smell of pine was strong in the air" "

I saw the exact opposite actually. They went too far into the details that they destroyed the mystery of it. Sometimes Details can be too much.

I guess they did both in places, I thought. They need to find a balance. I've read some of KJA's other books and they are the same way.

"The worst thing about BJ I don't like is the writing style... specifically, of Kevin J. Anderson. I remember in Creative Writing classes, even English classes, they said don't say,

say

"The dark green forest of evergreens glistened in the dew of the morning. The smell of pine was strong in the air" "

I saw the exact opposite actually. They went too far into the details that they destroyed the mystery of it. Sometimes Details can be too much.

I guess they did both in places, I thought. They need to find a balance. I've read some of KJA's other books and they are the same way.

say

Don't assume that it's all Anderson. I'm reading Captain Nemo right now. It has great descriptions. It's definetely on my top 10 list. But uh, you do know Brian and Kevin actually do these novels together. It could be either one or both of them.