Atreides mission 9

joker_dude3

The key to this mission, IMO, is to start by building only a simple variety of buildings. Build a lot of refineries (2-3) and then a factory. Use up all your funds by producing tanks as the funds are accumulated, anything extra should be used to build a high tech factory for the future production of missile tanks. Then make sure to be attentive, so that you can run over attacking infantry with your tanks (if your observant enough this makes infantry obsolete). Then send out rading groups of 5 or 6 tanks to slowly engage enemy bases. Slowly reinforce these groups while engaging enemy harvesters. And lastly, destroy bases as they come.

1 Thing is very important. Build quickly a mcv in your big base, then deploy it there and sell your entire base that is located in the center of the map. Now you have only 1 base to defend. That make things alot easier. Also build many turrets at the base entrances

• 2 weeks later...

Confusion reigns supreme, Timenn. I meant that anybody'd do well to keep missile tanks behind a row of r-turrets along with seige tanks. I know about the missile-inf thingy. Missiles practically suck against inf. But I wonder why? I mean, missiles do a hell of a lot more damage than shells do (atleast, thats how it is on Earth, I think)

• 1 month later...

hoping this is d2k

by the way you should probably make a starport then a MCV then move it to the bottom left corner, build a refinery or two down there then sell every thing up there and

build r-turrets up there and they will kill off most of the guys that come down to attack. destroy the harvesters/refinerys so they lose their source of money

something else, on the map screen pick the one on the left the bases are closer together

• 3 weeks later...

do you know what i am talking about ???

for those who dont in the 9th mission on atreides

1. you have a choise of two bases

2. chose the one on the left because the bases are closer

3. build the required structures for a starport at your base to the south

4. build the starport

5. buy a MCV

6. deploy it at your southern base

7. build a couple refineries at the southern base

8. sell every thing at your northern base except for the turrets & walls

9. build r-turrets at the northern base to weaken the enemy as they come down to your base to attack

10. build r-turrets at the entrence to the southern base

11. build a strong army and keep attacking their harvesters

12. as soon as they have no hrvesters send a trike to lure the guys that havent come out to come out

enter the base and eliminate them

I prefer the other map in which you have 2 bases, both separated by a small gap. Its much easier to defend. Just build a row of r-turrets behind a row of sonic tanks at every opening.

you can still do that jusst dont have any valuable buildings up there. and i guess you can have like another barracks, heavy-factory, or light-factory up there but make sure that you have another one down at the bottom base. it all depends on what a person wants does anyone agree ???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...