The Banished

houseofjones

In the year 2027, the entirety of the Earth was unified into a single entity, collectively ruled by a superior and efficient welfare-state government known as the United Earth Directorate (UED). Under this new leadership, mankind quickly expanded their realm throughout the Milky Way, and soon to other galaxies with the invention of star gates. The UED did not falter, however, and continued to provide a center of prosperity and unity for humans. However, in order to stabilize UED territories and making it easier for the UED to establish provincial governments in these massive territories, the UED began purifying itself of greedy and savage pirates, drifters, and criminals. This unwanted population of the newly purified and even more prosperous human society were banished into deep, lonesome space. Without terraforming technologies, these banished humans drifted long into space until they discovered a desert-like planet. As they settled down, they also banded up into groups and went their own ways. Their new home, though somewhat adequate in terms of mineral resources, was a harsh, violent land. Although the atmosphere of their new planet was similar to that of their ancestral home, the land was dry, and was mostly a hot savannah with almost no rain, similar to the Kalahari Desert of Africa. It will certainly be difficult for these banished people to survive.

Planetary Description -

Size (Earth = 1): 0.83

Diameter At Equator: 6580.24 miles

Distance From Main Star: 88.3 million miles

Surface Temperature: - 173 degrees Fahrenheit (poles) to 143 degrees Fahrenheit (the innermost of the deep desert)

Orbital Velocity: 17 miles/second.

Continental - 72%

Oceanic - 28%

Continental layout is similar to pangaea of ancient Earth.

Coastal marshland/beaches - 3%

Savannah (adjacent to marshland/beaches, more inland) - 35%

Desert (deep in-land) - 53%

Tundra and ice (isolated to the poles) - 9%

This planet has 2 moons.

I'm Joneseth, leaders of the "Homo Sapiens Cavernae", or rather, the people of the caves. Ever since our freighter crashed near the beaches of the western hemisphere, we have been affected by the leaks of radiation from the freighter's former reactor core, and have altered our DNA. We settled near the caves near the beaches of the western hemisphere, and we have evolved night vision and backs that are more geared towards crawling. There seems to be an underground tunnel network, which was probably once occupied by some sort of giantic burrowing creature that went extinct...

I am Vixtum, the one among many persons of my species, a species evolved from the roots of the Supremus Homo Sapiens Sapiens species. We have spent our long lives in the deep Sahara. We have evolved to crawl on all fours at a very high speed. We have been able to evade from our enemies using bio-camouflage. That is until we have taught ourselves the weaknesses of our enemies and decimated them easily. We advance onto the unaware civilizations of the Supremus Homo Sapiens Sapiens and will find their weaknesses. We are to fight till the end, and the end includes the destruction of one species.

I, Joneseth, stare into the wide reaches of the only ocean that exists on this planet. We, the Homo Sapiens Cavernae, have gathered all we can from our delerict freighter. I think to myself, our current tribal society needs to bond closer, as organization and cooperation were indeed what brought powers to our ancestors, the Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

"Heeeeeeyyyyyyy you people," I yelled at a group of adult Cavernae, gather up some spideroid nets so we can fish."

The group of men followed my orders, and left immediately.

In the caves exist these spider-like creatures that produce a strong fiber-like substance that consists their webs. We utilize such webs to capture aquatic creatures to feed. We try not to feed on the spider-like creatures because we need them to produce this stuff.

Living on the beach and the caves in vicinity, we have not seen any other humanoids on this planet. However, we hope to encounter other tribes of humanoids as we expand our underground network, so we will feel like the only banished on this harsh planet.

I Kale and the other banished of my group are now Sons of the Sand, we live under the sand and on the sand, our houses are under the surface of the sand, we obtain our resources and the water of the underground of the sand, the sand with our secret treatments is useful for build houses and for agriculture, for make tools and weapons, you cant see us, but we are here, forgotten, somewhere on the sand.

We are the sand, the sand is us.

I, Joneseth, stare at the greenish-red sky as the sun begins to set.

"G, do you still remember why you were banished here?" I asked G, my best friend.

"I was a drug dealer in the Asteroid Belt. They caught me virtually red-handed in a cargo freighter," replied G, "What about you?"

"Ahh well...I was once a UED regular, until I deserted."

"Yeah, I see what you're saying."

It's been about 7 years since we crashed on this desolate planet. It's been hard getting adapted, but I think we're getting used to our new home now. We have developed an efficient fishing technique, and the periodic molting of the spideroids have provided us with proper armor. There does not seem to be any oil on this planet, and we are suffering from the lack of wood in this area. However, I'm sure we will find some other heating source sooner or later.

I, Notok stare at the fish we are all cooking over the fire.  It was a good catch today.  We all seem lost in thought about what we will do next.  We all wonder what we may encounter as well.  I stare over at the man to my right a former soldier, the next a former gunrunner, the next a political dissident, the next a former drug dealer, the next a former construction worker, the next a former  poacher, next a former assassin, next a former Middle East terrorist, next a religious dissident, next a former pilot, and last a former corporate executive who embezzled.  What a motley crew we are.

I was walking on the beach one day, it was a okay day. Even though it was pretty hot, it was nice to see water flowing up the land again.

Suddenly, one of my comrades ran up to me and yelled,

"Joneseth! The tribe needs to speak to you!"

It sounded like an emergency, so I sped quickly back to the cave where everyone was meeting.

"Joneseth, one of our scouts were in the southern reaches of the beaches today, he encountered other "men"!"

"You, what is your name?" I pointed at the scout.

"My...my name is Habib. I saw some men fishing when I...I was scouting. One of them said he was Notok. He spoke our language, I got scared..."

"Woah. There are other banished among us. Mind-blasting..."

"Hmm...yes, truly mind-blasting," the council said in unison.

"I will go down to the south and greet them. I will need two volunteers."

My name is korzak learder of a small portion of my specises. we call are selves the gorn. We are reptilian like creatuers. we are bipeds we have to be at least 50 miles of water at all times . unless we carry alot with us. There once was many of my people around 2 billion we were verry advanced. we even went into space. but are surviving texts say that there were many expolsions and a long winter only a few hundred thousand survived  theres only a couple million of us now and good births are becoming rarer in some parts of are land. we had to start from scratch.we have created projectile weapons about 300 years ago. we are verry good with them. i have heard reports of strange createres at the edege of my tereitory to the west. we wish to make contack with them see if they can help are childeren survive. but if they dare atack us are invade are turf we will respond with force if need be.  

My name is korzak learder of a small portion of my specises. we call are selves the gorn. We are reptilian like creatuers. we are bipeds we have to be at least 50 miles of water at all times . unless we carry alot with us. There once was many of my people around 2 billion we were verry advanced. we even went into space. but are surviving texts say that there were many expolsions and a long winter only a few hundred thousand survived

My first post:

I am Vixtum, the one among many persons of my species, a species evolved from the roots of the Supremus Homo Sapiens Sapiens species. We have spent our long lives in the deep Sahara. We have evolved to crawl on all fours at a very high speed. We have been able to evade from our enemies using bio-camouflage. That is until we have taught ourselves the weaknesses of our enemies and decimated them easily. We advance onto the unaware civilizations of the Supremus Homo Sapiens Sapiens and will find their weaknesses. We are to fight till the end, and the end includes the destruction of one species.

As we advance onto the Supremus Homo Sapiens Sapiens species, I seperate from my tribe to scout, and I come upon an African tribe. I signal my people, blowing through my snout producing a chilling sound. We line up behind a hill, hiding from the African tribe, then with a sound blowing, we quickly come up onto the hill and yell out horrible cries. As the African tribe tries to run away, we scurry down in amazing speeds, going after our prey. We pass tents, empty from the now running away tribe, I spot a child, no more taller than us. I watch as he moves his fastest, crying and yelling, looking back to find his doom coming upon him. I see him fall behind his tribe, not grown up enough to run that fast, and I quickly come upon him, sniffing at first. He cries and yells his loudest, hoping to tell his tribe he is in trouble. Before he could utter another sound, I open my mouth and quickly clamp down on his scrawny neck, tearing the skin and muscle off. As he lay limp, I yell a chilling cry as I finish off the prey. My people easily and efficiently finished off the rest of the African tribe, all of us full with meat. As I make sure we eliminated the tribe, we all went back to the hole leading to our underground city.