Fed2k Landsraad Tournament sign up thread

Nyarlathotep

five questions about this tournie:

#1. who decides who plays who?'

2. Is a witness required?

3. what happens if there is a "disconnect"?

4. what if 2 players cannot agree on the map? Example, I only want to play knife fight, and I know someone else signed up who will never play KF.

5. if both players are in favor of having crates off to remove the luck element of getting a devastator and an adv carryall with your first scout, would you allow it?

Ok, so far the following people have signed up:

1) DukeLeto - philipgk - Florida, USA, GMT -5

2) Harkdawg - Harkdawg - Tallinn, Estonia, GMT +2

3) Slugger - gameaok88 - Michigan, USA, GMT -5

4) Elite47 - Mstaki11a - Washington State, USA, GMT -8

5) Doomp0w3r - Doomp0w3r - The Netherlands, GMT +1

6) zamboe - zamboe - GMT -3

7) Caid Ivik - caidivik - GMT +1

8) ACElethal - acelethal - Calgary, Alberta, Canada (GMT-7)

9) i0nflex - ionflex - california PST

10) Braveivan - Braveivan - GMT +8

11) WhiteShadow - w22shadow - Portugal (exactly GMT Time)

12 ace1gold - ace1gold - UK, GMT timezone

If any of the above information isn't correct, PM me.

As you can see, we can still use a lot of people.

ace1gold, the Landsraad are a group of members who are regular posters here and have been givin a special title due to their helping of others, or have been elected to gain that title. It's this group of people who are organizing this tournament.

Chris, good to see you stopping by, please consider participating :)

five questions about this tournie:

#1. who decides who plays who?'

2. Is a witness required?

3. what happens if there is a "disconnect"?

4. what if 2 players cannot agree on the map? Example, I only want to play knife fight, and I know someone else signed up who will never play KF.

5. if both players are in favor of having crates off to remove the luck element of getting a devastator and an adv carryall with your first scout, would you allow it?

1) The Landsraad.

2) No, unless 2 players disagree on the outcome of the game.

3) Try to rematch. If it remains, PM me and we'll decide what to do.

4) If 2 players can't agree on the map, Fishers plain will be it.

5) No. The settings are determined by the Landsraad. If we allow one change, we need to allow other changes as well (sorry).

ok cool i think I understand.

I havent played emperor in maybe half a year so im a little rusty but this tournament looks good and ill hopefully get back into the swing of things, im a little confused about a few things though, whose chris?

ace

As far as my understanding goes,Chris used to work for WW,and was one of the main guys.(Sorry if that is incorrect :-)

Indeed, he used to work for Westwood. I don't know what his exact role was, but he ehlped me out several times when I needed help solving certain issues players had in the Lockup thread.

And guys, there's plenty of room left for the tourney, so sign up ! :)

5) No. The settings are determined by the Landsraad. If we allow one change, we need to allow other changes as well (sorry).

I think the crates should be reconsidered. Crates should not be on, because that adds luck into this game rather than skill. What if a scout runs into my base in the first minute of the game and he gets a devastator??!! Thats just not fair :-

i hate crates. the winner of this match will not necessarilly be the one that played most skillfully.

i noticed that many of the great players signed up for this.

out of 31 total games, it is highly likely that at least one of these fantastic players will be slimed out of a game because the other guy got an early lucky crate. Especially in a low money game like this on a small map, one early crate can mean sure victory for a player that is worth his weight in skill. And never really getting a chance to allow his skills in this game to represent themselves, the other guy instead takes a loss due to luck. but a great player deserves better than that, IMHO.

Crates are those random elements that exists for lesser experienced players that want a bit of chance to mix things up- something to give them hope when the chips are down. to many skilled players, they are the means in which a strategic game becomes a lucky game. Now sure there are always elements of luck in the game, but any strategists knows that where luck can be minimized...it should be minimized, thereby maximizing strategy.

I can see it now.

We are down to the final game. Harkdawg vs. Acelethal (or whoever). Both players have fought long, and hard. Each winning 5 games in a row. It has come down to this one last game. Skill on Skill. Ordos vs. Atreides. The whole community anxiously awaits the showdown. The map is Cradle Basin.

Dawg makes his first scout, sneaks him into Ace's base. A crate appears next to Ace's con yard, which Dawg gets to reveal a devastator.

The community, somehow feeling robbed, just toss their hands in the air "oh well...just one more reason why crates suck."

I guess the question to ask the Landsraad is this: do you want the #1 player to be there as a result of his skills or luck?

Oh please add me up :>

Since I'm not on this page all too often, will there be a mass-send email to all competitors when the tour begins?

Well

Username : Gouafhg

Timezone : GMT+1 ( Stockholm, Sweden )

You will be added. But please remind yourself that you need to post in the (later to be announced) result thread.

We'll discuss crates and get back to you Emp.

I think the crates should be reconsidered. Crates should not be on, because that adds luck into this game rather than skill. What if a scout runs into my base in the first minute of the game and he gets a devastator??!! Thats just not fair :-

I consider myself on the scale of 'noob' to 'elite' as a middle player, where as sometimes I'll give an 'elite' a good hard fought game but most times will be taken to the cleaners by an 'elite' 1v1. One of the few times that I've won against an 'elite' was a game with crates on. My scout got inside his base ... saw a crate ... got to the crate and low and behold - it was an engineer. Said engineer and took his construstion yard. All I had to do was start placing turrets ... game over. So crates should be reconsidered.

if i can still enter you can count me in.

Nickname: rogue1896

Timezone: Eastern (GMT-5 i think)

i'll be looking forward to kicking all your asses ;D ;)

*actualy starts playing ebfd after playing on random occasions for like a month* ::)