hey im new 2 dune 2000

astro

hi duke

16 bit graphics are ok for playing off-line but when your on-line games are imposable to play on 16 bit graphics,if you read your dune2000 cd (read me file) its all explained in there. but trust me games are not playable on 16 bit.

I always noticed that Dune2000 had no real super-speed like the game RA and C&C had. Where a light infantery could pass the entire map in a few seconds. While the maximum speed in Dune2k is normal playable speed

Is that because of this setting?

hi duke

it basicaly says this --->

2.13. Westwood Online.

2.13.1. Internet Games.

If you are playing more than 2 player internet games, we strongly recommend that you play in 8 bit mode, as performance will be greatly improved.

me again now duke,allthough westwood dont say much on the cd about playing in 8 bit mode they do repeat this on there web site,everyone who plays on-line plays in 8 bit mode so if one of the players is on 16 bit mode it makes the game incredibly slow and on occasions makes the game go out os sync. timenn westwood also advise you to turn off the in game music as this also slows down the game,im sure you know this already but just incase you dont use the ingame options to set game speed to high.

• 1 month later...