What is the best sub house

Muad dib

IMO the sardaukar is the best in every situation, fedaykins take up too much micromanaging, i prefer to make sardaukar elite's to help me get rid of those nasty minotaurs, those lasertanks take up all my time anyway, giving too little for some fedaykins :P

I know that i'm going to get some comments like:

yeah, but fedaykins can destroy a minotaur in 3 shot

It takes too long to get them there.

Sardaukar elites are easily picked on

Fedaykins die 9 out of 10 times when they try to destroy a minotaur.

Sardaukar elite's take a long time to build

I build 3 sardaukar baracks, sardaukar elite's are just for helping my other units, they're not uber-important for my army.

Sardaukar elite's are expensive

3 refineries would be enough for everything.

Well hear is mine then (1 being the worst and 10 being the best):

Fremen:9

Sardaukar:9

Ix:8

Guild:6

Tieilaxu:5

Both the Sardaukar and the Fremen are great. The Fremen can get inside an enemy lines and "pick away at" their buildings. The Sardaukar give great back up for defence.

The Ix are good if the map has the right conditions for it.

The Guild are good as in they can telaport to the base and destroy it.

I really dont care for the Tieilaxu. The only thing their good for is attacking harvestors.

IMO the sardaukar is the best in every situation, fedaykins take up too much micromanaging, i prefer to make sardaukar elite's to help me get rid of those nasty minotaurs, those lasertanks take up all my time anyway, giving too little for some fedaykins :P

Sardaukar are not best in every situation. In any of the following situations, Sards are nothing but a waste of money:

1. vs. *ANY* good Atreides player if the game goes over 10 minutes

2. vs. Mass Inkvines

3. vs. Mass Kobras

If you have any of these situation, your Sards will not help you in the least bit. They will not even be a 1% help to the battle, no matter what other units you have. All they will do is waste your money and give free Chevrons to the enemy.

Fremen do take more micro so you're right about that. They can be a pain the the neck to micro whereas Sards can do good on their own in the right situation,

BUT

Fremen almost always always always can be beneficial to you in any game whereas Sards can be rendered utterly useless in any of the above-situations.

For overall strategy and usefullness, the Sub-Houses are ranked in the following way in terms of usefulness:

1. Fremen

2. Guild

3. Ix

4. Sardaukar

5. and last *and* least, by far the most useless sub-house in the Universe, which will have absolutely ZERO gameplay value vs. any good player: Tlieaxu

Sardaukar are not best in every situation. In any of the following situations, Sards are nothing but a waste of money:

1. vs. *ANY* good Atreides player if the game goes over 10 minutes

2. vs. Mass Inkvines

3. vs. Mass Kobras

1. wrong.

2. wrong.

3. wrong.

As i said, sardaukar elite's HELP my other units in getting rid of units such as minotaurs, inkvines etc, the problem in this board is that people think of things like: "awh, but 20 gunships can easily destroy a group of kobra's, or "sardaukar elite's suck vs a mass group of minotaurs" without looking at your economic status. the units just 'magically' appear.

Yes i know that i've done the same a few times, but it is annoying.

My strat insights are never wrong.

Just to be sure. I'll be more specific. To me, Mass = 10 or more.

All it takes in any of the above situations is two barrages (at maximum, but sometimes only one!) per unit, and the Sards are dead. It doesn't matter if you have other units drawing fire, the Sards will still die in no time at all. Only two vehicles must turn and fire once - which they *will* do automatically - no matter what angle you try to use your Sards to attack with; and the Sards are dead. Emperor isn't like some other RTS games where it takes a long time to turn your units. They turn and fire instantly. The Sards will be dead from any angle of attack and it is irrelevant what other units you have helping out because if the enemy has a mass of over 10 of the units I mentioned, it is a 100% gurantee that a few of them will turn, target, and kill the Sards instantly.

I think Tleilaxu house the weakness sub.house, but he also useful house, for example about me! ;D

i played game with good player he choose house Tleilaxu! i thought he ass player! ;D

in the game i moved all my harvesters to one spice area(the closest one), i think u all know what happend! just he move a few leeches to my harvesters place! so no spice, no money, no units, no win!!!i think the player from a clan called(Endo).

My strat insights are never wrong.

Just to be sure. I'll be more specific. To me, Mass = 10 or more.

All it takes in any of the above situations is two barrages (at maximum, but sometimes only one!) per unit, and the Sards are dead. It doesn't matter if you have other units drawing fire, the Sards will still die in no time at all. Only two vehicles must turn and fire once - which they *will* do automatically - no matter what angle you try to use your Sards to attack with; and the Sards are dead. Emperor isn't like some other RTS games where it takes a long time to turn your units. They turn and fire instantly. The Sards will be dead from any angle of attack and it is irrelevant what other units you have helping out because if the enemy has a mass of over 10 of the units I mentioned, it is a 100% gurantee that a few of them will turn, target, and kill the Sards instantly.

1. if you have enough money to buy minotaurs.

2. no you cannot guarentee that my sardaukar will die, as i told before, and i will say it again in a shorter way: I AM NOT A NEWBIE WHO USES ONLY 1 UNIT IN MASSES >:(

Tieilaxu...hmmm

Contaminator:Kinda Useless :P

Leech: Excellent for flanking an enemy tank position or as a distraction(fast speed)so that ur main defensive force could destroy it. U'll get new leeches when an enemy tank dies when infected with leech larvae... ;D So best use it on a weak tank, a tank that has little health, or a tank that is about to explode :D ;D(i've tried it on a devastator)

Even if ur not allied with tieilaxu, it is excellent when u find a leech in a crate or on some single player missions. If u manage them carefully, u can end up with an army of leeches! ;D

I think Tleilaxu house the weakness sub.house, but he also useful house, for example about me! ;D

i played game with good player he choose house Tleilaxu! i thought he ass player! ;D

in the game i moved all my harvesters to one spice area(the closest one), i think u all know what happend! just he move a few leeches to my harvesters place! so no spice, no money, no units, no win!!!i think the player from a clan called(Endo).

stop speaking iwuanyanwu language

• 1 year later...

It is possible to have 3 sub houses to be allies. I got fremen, ix and sadaukar. I really hate tlelaxu. AT the start (campaign) of the game, a group of tleilaxu attackedmy defenseless base. The leeches do *some* damage but the contaminators...

Personally, here is what I think of the subhouses:

Ix: Good at cloning, but it really depends on what units u clone.

Fremen: A VERY good subhouse.their stealthed.

Tleilaxu: sure, they infect our harvesters but if the tleilaxu attacks a base by running into the defenses (wall, turrets) they'll perish.

Guild: hmm.. I rarely use the guild. I think they are exspensive. MY tactic is to teleport them to a place (Behind the enemy withou tthem knowing) and let the regenerate.

Sadaukar: Their machinegun is almost good at everything. I rushed them with buzzsaws and flame tanks...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

THEILAXU R WORSE??????

i never play them, coz i`m not able to play them as good as u need to play them, but i know a verry verry Gooooood THEILAXU PLAYER: THE AI. the computer is the best theilaxuplayer ever.

if u play theilaxu like him, take it as ur priority subhouse...*lol*

C YA KALONY

• 1 month later...

Everyone forgetting about Ixian projection tanks. They are good for making clone units like missle tanks for great AA defense or Sardaukar or Fremen for great attack.

So I would choose Ixian with Fremen/Sardaukar with my main houses.

THEILAXU R WORSE??????

i never play them, coz i`m not able to play them as good as u need to play them, but i know a verry verry Gooooood THEILAXU PLAYER: THE AI. the computer is the best theilaxuplayer ever.

if u play theilaxu like him, take it as ur priority subhouse...*lol*

C YA KALONY

tleilaxu leeches are the only moderatly useful unit. Otherwise you can stop their whole army with a pair of gun turrets.

Ix dupes can be countered with a group of well placed scouts as the clones drive by

Sardaukar are all power, all strength, all damage...but still infantry. Gas em, burn em, bomb em, or snipe em.

Fremen have no armor. Pay for some scouts and any anti-infantry.

Guild take a while to make dangerous towards you. Take em before they get too big of an army. Otherwise Troopers/kunjal for the niab, and long range anti-armored vehicles for the makers.

• 2 weeks later...

It is possible to have 3 sub houses to be allies. I got fremen, ix and sadaukar. I really hate tlelaxu. AT the start (campaign) of the game, a group of tleilaxu attackedmy defenseless base. The leeches do *some* damage but the contaminators...

Personally, here is what I think of the subhouses:

Ix: Good at cloning, but it really depends on what units u clone.

Fremen: A VERY good subhouse.their stealthed.

Tleilaxu: sure, they infect our harvesters but if the tleilaxu attacks a base by running into the defenses (wall, turrets) they'll perish.

Guild: hmm.. I rarely use the guild. I think they are exspensive. MY tactic is to teleport them to a place (Behind the enemy withou tthem knowing) and let the regenerate.

Sadaukar: Their machinegun is almost good at everything. I rushed them with buzzsaws and flame tanks...

You think like me.

Leeches can be good for ridding a base of its defenders - but you dont have to always build an engineer to get the leeches off, as mace had said - i'm an Atradies player and i have developed a nice techneek of using a mongoose to shoot them off youre units {it olny takes one shot to do so} - i dont know what would work for other house's but i'm sure that there would be somthing that you could work out. - it may injure the unit but it gets them off! And creats less hassle - for the Atradies players you then simply then use a repair unit to heal it.

What do you think would work as effectivly in other house's?

I personaly favor sards more then fremen . But in certain situations I'll take fremen cause it would be best to . And teil are actaully very good with ordos , just make a big mass of gas dust few lasers and leaches and it'll cause some good damage .

• 4 years later...

think sardoukars best becoz

sarge ones equipped with heavy macine gun andcan make 1 hit to enemy infantry and they hawe aoe whhen keep fireing can blow up any mechanize units too if they hawe 5 or more number

elite ones hawe las gun, heavy armor good range good for any mecha enemy and can hit air units too

with large numbers and good tactic sardoukars can win against any hous without main house units i think

but if enemy are fremens there is a problem.

The sub house that I use the most against the computer is the Fremen. Mainly because of their stealth. The Fremen Fedaykin are great against tanks and infantry. They are almost unbeatable when they have the third level veterancy. The Tleilaxu Leech are best used in my oppion against enemy Spice Harvester. The contamination prevents the Spice Harvester from being picked up by the Carryalls. It slows down spice production to a standstill.