Another Map Pack?

Gobalopper

DjCiD and I were talking about getting WW to release another map pack for Emperor since Yuri's Revenge just had one. Since it is unlikely they would create more maps themselves it would most likely be fan maps. Should we bother trying to convince WW to make another official map pack?

I know! ;D That one map seems like each buildable Rock is as big as Fishers itself :P ;)

I would also like to see Ixian Experiment Site (name?) by Ix here at the site. Maybe even Edrics Guild Cannon One Or even a Map buig enuff for Four ppl with two cannon one for each team ;D Oh the ideas I'm having!! It's such a shame WW let this one go... but hey who knows right they did repackage it maybe the cheaper price and newer look might draw some attention to it... Hey Gob why not mention to Delphi that the Sci mini series is coming up and that would be an excellent time to do some advertisement with Sci-fi channel.... ok I'll stop dreaming. ;D

There are already 71 fan made maps available now, getting 3 fan made maps in a official mappack will not result in more downloads or people playing them on wol. I am still surprised that many even did not bother to download the 4 official mappacks yet. Each time i put 1 i am getting the message X does not have the map you selected...

I know, they should make a patch out of the mappacks! with the four best fan ones in it too! or just make us some more offical maps two more 6 player maps and one more 8 player size maps. the fourth they can choose and make spice maps too

I agree to say it's boring to see that, still now, people don't use the 4 official map packs, we always have to use the same maps, boring :(

When I see the message I say them that new maps are available, they answer that they already have heard about it but don't know where to find them :-(

Yes, maybe that a "patch" with the four mappacks and new ones plus the hidden units and other ones and, why not? we can dream, more computer IA, would be a solution.

they already have heard about it but don't know where to find them :-(

One of the main problems is that the explination for installing the mappacks is only done in english.

There are still players who do not understand english...

I agree that a new patch with additional maps could solve the language barrier. But i have understood from gob that there is nobody left to make a new patch. :-

I'd love to see more official maps released, but only in patch form. No one downloads the newer maps like Guild Complex and Fortified Canyon. Westwood/EA should just give us a patch so those who can't handle downloading and installing maps on their own can automatically get them in a patch. I played on Guild Complex in a 1 vs. 1 for the first time the other day. It was a shock to actually run into another player who had it. I won, by the way. LOL.

I've downloaded the 'official' mapacks,but i do have a hard time figuring out how to install 'fan-made' maps.(yes i'm not the sharpest knife in the draw) ;D As Taqua11 said,if WW did it for me(us)i would d/l them right away.So in answer to Gobs question...Go for it!

I dunno if this was posted but, when I played starcraft they had a system where if the host was using a new map whoever didnt have it would download it just before the game started while online and loading the multiplayer game. Is this out of the westwoods capabilities??? I think this is a very relevent question gob. ;D

Thanks

Hey Gob how bout instaed of asking Chirs to do another mappack just do a program to aloow downloads from other players... I saw that option in SW Galactic Battlegrounds and thought it was cool, it would be a nice way to finish off emperor... or that with a mappack ;D