Dune Risk

nampigai

You know what would be cool was if everyone had a copy of Risk the PC game and we modded it to be a Dune style and played online like that... man I should work for a game company coming up with ideas ;D ok maybe not... I could be the fanatic that the Game Company gets the Restraing Order aginst for writing them a letter everday asking them why they abandonded EmpBFD and why they arent making a sequal or expansion?! :- err umm never mind that... said to much, man my lawers gonna be pissed again...

Oh yeah props to who ever made the map that I just looked at, I cant wait to play!! There is still room right? Hope so. maybe we can try and arrange set game times so we can do more than just a coupe of moves per day...

Ok 6 players now I can get started on some things in a couple of hours.

Players

1. NaMpIgAi - ?, Red

2. Dunenewt - Ix, Purple

3. ExAtreides®

4. Earthnuker - Fremen, yellow

5. ken124578

6. DjCiD - Ordos, Blue or Green (please pick one)

Colors left: White, Black, (blue or green depending on what DjCid picks)

Houses: Atreides, Harkonnen, Corrino.

Yes you can Earthnuker

1. NaMpIgAi - Corrino, Red

A3 C7 D1 D6 D7 F2 F4 F5

2. Dunenewt - Ix, Purple

B1 B2 B5 C1 C10 E4 E8 E9

3. ExAtreides® - Atreides, black

A4 A8 B4 C9 E7 E10 E12 F3

A1 A5 A6 C2 C3 C6 D3 D4

5. ken124578 - Harkonnen, Blue

B6 C8 D2 D5 E2 E6 E11 F1

6. DjCiD - Ordos, Green

A2 A7 B7 C4 E1 E3 E5 F6

Neutral - B3 C5

These are your territories. Ok now me update this a bit more in the next 3 hours or so.

Colors left: White, (blue or green depending on what DjCid picks)

EDIT - <Done>Right now I am going to randomly select each person For each set of teritories I previosly posted, results shortly.

Thanks leto for showing interest and hopefully will add you in next round. And the original Risk! had 42 territories(I think) and you could have 2-whatever amount of players. I beleive the board games you buy now only contain 6(maybe 8) different colored peices, so 6 players at most is what I have seen.

Ok Ken; The pic in your sig still is not working. :P

A direct link to the map with borders can be found HERE

And while you now know your territories, think about where you want your capitals and 17 armies to place. (yes 25 armies, but you are required to place at least one on each territory so it is 17)

You may wish to place your capital in a good place to protect it. I think we should also let them place it in any of their territoies as it would be a disadvantage if someone has mostly non rock areas.

Do Not post where you want your armies and capitals in this thread or any other thread. They will be kept secret until I have recieved them from all players to make it fair. I will be recieving them from e-mail or IM I have not decided yet. So if you are ambitous(I hope so); in notepad or something you can type in where you want your armies.(although we need to decide on capital placing on rock or anywhere, and as for rock what do we consider rock? some have partial rock and others have green and brown, so I say you should be able to place them anywhere to avoid confusion)

You do not lose if you lose your capital.

And when you do submit you army and capital placement try to put it like this:(example) in alphabetical and numerical order that I gave to you in previous post.

A2 - capital, 3 armies

D3 - 7 armies

F2 - 5 armies

F4 - 2 armies

Ken it says image hosted by geocities(no real pic), If the pic is small I may be able to put it on my site and I would give a link of it to you. So just post it in this thread and me see about it.

DjCiD decided on a color.(Updated on my previous thread)

As for spice, I thought I got rid of it as it would be more confusing (maybe implement in later rounds, but we should play a quicker game to find other bugs)..me check..me updated rules with no wording of spice so not to worry about it.(may need to press refresh on rules page)

As for Sand Buggy. This will be used at the end of a turn(as with ornithopter) after you are done fighting, as it would be unfair at first of turn to send armies.

"You can exchange a Sand Buggy card for 4 steps movement of up to 3 armies ( 1 territory only, they must all must move to and from the same spot). You can travel through enemy territory as long as you end in a territory of your own."

You would be moving 3(or 2 or 1) armies you already own 4 steps (across 4 terriories that are connected-no skipping) maximum as long as you land on your own territory. All the armies that are being moved from one territory must land on the same territory as each other. I.E. - Move 3 armies from B1 to A8 provided you own the territories it goes across (A1, A2, A7)(and you own B1 and A8)

So: with the sandbike card i can move 1, 2, 3 or 4 armies 3 steps, as long as i land on one of my own?

if so, here would be an example:

K1>>>>>>K2>>>>>A1>>>>>>>>K3

K = my territory

A = andrew's territory.

K1 has 2 armies.

with the sandbike card i should be able to move the 2 armies from K1 to K3, right?

EDIT - I changed the rules about tranportation as I stated I would below(press refresh on rules page if it didnt update)

oops my mistake, You are partially right..hmmm...me thinking of changing the sand buggy to be able to only move across your land, and ornithopter to move across enemy+your land..

"You can exchange a Sand Buggy card for 4 steps movement of up to 3 armies."

You can only move 3 armies maximum with Sand buggy card.

I am going to change the rules stating that the Sand buggy can only go across your land and ornithopter can move across anyone's land.

And when using examples if you use examples from the agme board it may be more helpful(no K continent on map)

oops I see what you meant. but if you used B1-A8, where you own B1 and A8 and you wanted to travel though

A2 - ordos(or maybe username)

A1 - corinno(whoever)

A7 - yours

---although K and and A were good shortnames for people, although you will need to explain which territories in the game

I do enjoy this criticism as it helps better the rules, so less confusion when playing the game. :D

Me going to class in 15 min, so I wont be back for about 1.5 hours once I leave. Sorry for the "leet" DjCiD, it will get easier as we get playing and used to playing.

One last question, i have an ornithopter card and i have a territory with 5 armies, instead of moving up to 4 armies 4 steps, can i move up to 4 armies 2 steps?

Yes you can move the army 1, 2, 3, or 4 steps....(which reminds me->) Also you must leave one army on a territory as you can not move all armies from one territory to any other.

So basicly during the game there will always be at least one army on each persons territory. Always an army on every territory no matter who owns it(kind of like first sentence as it is impossible to not have an army on a territory)

Hopefully when I get back in 1.5 hours I can let you email or something what you want, and decide on whether capitals need to be on rock surfaces(me think not) Me be gone for weekend so think hard and try to send them before Tuesday. (More info about that in 1.5 hours)

I will try to make the rules clearer sometime, and the best way to do that is for you players/developers to criticise them.

Me leaving for 1.5 hours now, hope to see you then!(dont reply about seeing me then)

Ok so now the players can email me with where they want to place there capital and 17 armies.

I have decided that players can post there capitals wherever they want on their territory.(Doesn't matter if it is on rock or not)

So if you could start by saying what territory you want your capital to be on, then listing where you want your armies to be.

EXAMPLE using NaMpIgAi stats:

A3 - 5 armies

C7 - 4 armies

D1 - 2 armies

D6 - 0 armies

D7 - 3 armies

F2 - 1 army, Capital

F4 - 1 army

F5 - 1 army

Where it says 0 armies there actually will be one there, you just wont be placing any.

You can place all(17) your armies on one territory as an example.

You only have 17 armies to place, so count them up when done.

Also when sending me the email, tell me when you are usually online to be able to play according to GMT. I know little about this GMT but more info can be found at http://greenwichmeantime.com/ as to what time it is GMT when you are online. Also a converter on the left tab of that page toconvert your time to GMT.

By Tuesday I hope to get everyones info, so I can update the map and thus figure out the optimal order for people to play and we can maybe start the game. Once we figure out the playing order I may update the individual players pages on my webpage to see info about the user as in # of cards/locations/armies/capital. This will be secret(or not updated) until I recieve everyones information.

So we are using house names to know who is who on the map.(although somewhere it would say who player of the house is)

And for picking card per turn for each user I will hopefully get a die(dice) to figure that out.(1,2-sand buggy; 2,3-soldier...etc.)

If not I will put them on paper and pick out of a hat but I like the dice better.

Any suggestions post here.

Do not post where you want your armies/capital in this thread, email me at:

booksx@pei.eastlink.ca

I may not post again until Tuesday at the latest,(and not view email) if you were wondering. I figure everyone should send me an email by then, and if any major concerns/problems ask other "developers"(look back a page or so and you see them) Also if for some reason all the players notice that they can not send email to my email account then send them by IM (but try email only first) and maybe save what you are sending me in a .txt in case I dont get them.

I just realised a big mistake...I am fixing it now.

the territories for each person now are.

1. NaMpIgAi - Corrino, Red

A3 C7 D1 D6 D7 F2 F4 F5

2. Dunenewt - Ix, Purple

B1 B2 B5 C1 C10 E4 E8 E9

3. ExAtreides® - Atreides, black

A4 A8 B4 C9 E7 E10 E12 F3

A1 A5 A6 C2 C3 C6 D3 D4

5. ken124578 - Harkonnen, Blue

B6 C8 D2 D5 E2 E6 E11 F1

6. DjCiD - Ordos, Green

A2 A7 B7 C4 E1 E3 E5 F6

Neutral - B3 C5

I had mistakenly given DjCiD the same territories as Earthnuker. I am pretty sure I have updated all of those lists with people and their territories. The list can also be found at my website under "Players", but there is no individual info about each player.

Woo Hoo!! I cant wait! I'll probally lose but hey I'll have fun doing it ;D

Hey waht about alliances between other Houses n stuff is that allowed where are the rules? I tried looking on the back of the board but I couldnt see inside the back of my monitor ^-^

We have a great map now. And the Dune2k map is not very good. This map shows really different regions.

And you can't ally. Hmmm, maybe you can, let's see what Andrew thinks of it.

But alliances will always end with boring one sided games...